Twenty seven

Twenty seven

When my mom came back, I was already asleep, so I wasn't able to talk to her about the recent lie she was doing to me, again. Why does she have to hide this from me? She already knew that I knew about it. What is there left to hide? For the rest of the week, I hardly see my mother, if we did meet; she would be in a hurry to go. I knew she was avoiding me, but I don't know why she was doing it. It was frustrating to be left out again, and not told about anything. I was almost at my bursting point, but Rob always kept me calm and helps me cool down.

Today's a Friday, four days have pass since I've told my friends about me; and also, four days have pass since my mother avoided me. It was after class and I was with my girl friends, hanging out in the mall again, when I gave up and mumbled out my frustrations. I wasn't that kind of person, who bothers people with my problems, but I need to get this out or I'll literally go insane.

"I mean, I can't believe she is consciously avoiding me after that stunt she pulled... God!" I said, and let out an exasperated sigh.

"Maybe she has a reason on doing it, Nat... You should talk to her before jumping to any conclusion." Maddy said, as she patted my back to sooth me.

"Yea, Nat. I mean, she wouldn't do that to you after that... she might have a reason for doing it. It's better to ask her..." Chloe agreed, rubbing her hand in my arm in tune with Maddy's pats.

"I know what you mean... but, she is making it difficult to talk. She just runs away after a minute together. How am I supposed to have a proper talk with her if she bolts right away?" I asked, frustrated from just thinking about the past few days I've attempted to talk to her.

"How about we help?" Chloe said, smirking, her eyes glistening as the plan forms in her mind.

"I'm not really sure if we should..." I started.

"No, Chloe is right. We should do something..." Maddy said, cutting me off, agreeing with Chloe.

"No. I think it's best to not say anything yet... though, it is killing me. I don't want her to stress out."I said, sighing heavily.

They were silent for a moment, looking at me intently. Maddy broke the silence and agreed with my decision. After that, she also changed the subject and we didn't talk about it anymore until we parted ways. Maddy drove us home, dropping me off first at my apartment. As I watched the car drove away, I stood there as thoughts about my mother came flooding back. I didn't feel like going up to our apartment so I went to the small playground beside our building and sat down at the empty swing. The place was like a ghost town, which was a plus for me so that I could think straight, but what happened next could make this situation my down fall.

I didn't notice the person who was following silently behind me or the presence that was standing just a few feet from me, waiting to show their self at the right time. I was looking down, in deep though, when a sudden foot step made me look up, making me wonder whose it was. I sat there stun, unable to move. The person walked towards me casually, making me freeze even more. I wanted to scream, but my mouth was also frozen from my stun state. I felt myself shake with fear. How did he find me?