Seventeen

Seventeen

For the rest of the week, I felt like I was living a double life. In the morning, I pretend to be present in school and act like the past wasn’t catching up to me. And, at night, I pretend that everything that happened in the morning is just I dream that was bound to fade. It was constantly tormenting me, constantly making me insane.

When it was Friday again, Rob asked me out for another dinner, this time it wasn’t in a restaurant. He had me blindfolded from my house to the destination. I was so nervous yet excited by his actions. No one had tried to do something this sweet to me before. This second date, which I finally approved to be called that, was full of surprises.

Rob was such a gentleman throughout the drive, being patient and not get irritated by my constant pleas and questions whether we are there yet. When we finally arrived, my eyes still blindfolded, he took my hand round his, which made my stomach react in ways that I thought it wouldn’t by his presence.

“Rob, if you don’t get his blindfold out of my sight, I’m going to scream really loud.” I threaten, but was giggling with amusement. It was a sound I thought that wouldn’t hear myself do again.

“Were are almost there. You’re so impatient, you know that…” Rob said, his voice sound so near to my ear.

After he said those words, I became silent and let him guide me without question, my ear still feel warm from the words he said to me. In that moment, I felt nervous. Not because Rob had be blindfolded, but because some things inside me were stirring up, feelings I thought I’ve buried three years ago. When he settled me, leaving me alone for a moment, the new feeling was gone, like his touch was magic, a short live magic that never last. I felt sad when I realize that, but also confused. Yet, those thoughts didn’t stay long as I felt his warm hands in mine again, like magic his touch cured the sadness within me.

“Hey. Sorry if I left you there for a while… we are here.” He said, as his hands suddenly trying to untie my blindfold.

As the blindfold was out of my eyes, the first thing I saw was lights, many sparkling lights. I gasped as my eye sight became clear, and the image in front of me unraveled. We were in the middle of some private park that has a small lake at the center. I was standing in the dock in the lake, where there was a table and food set up in front of me, and series of lights that was places by the tree near us, and also by the pole’s in the dock. It was like a book I once read coming to life. It was so enchanting and romantic that it was unrealistic. I blink my eyes once and twice, and again and again, still not believing what I see.

“Surprise. Do you like it?” he asked, taking a step in front of me and gesturing at the table.

“Uhm… wow…” I said, choking out the reply. “I’m sorry. I’m just… speechless.” I said, coughing for a second to clear my throat.

“Good. That’s the reaction I was aiming.” He said, smirking, and eyes glistening with amusement.

I rolled my eyes at what he said and walk towards the table, it was lit by candle light. As I was going to seat on the chair, Rob walked behind the chair and pulled it back, and then pushed it back as I sat. I glance up at him as he walked towards the seat across from me, giving him a small smile.