Fifteen

Fifteen

After dinner, and a little chat about the movie, we head to the theater after, arriving on time for the movie. Since it was the last show, there weren’t many people inside the theater. At first, I was preoccupied with the movie, cheering here and there, until I lean towards Rob’s side. The feel of his warmth gave me goose bumps, sending electricity in my skin. I felt myself warm up in the inside. It was a good thing the theater is dark enough, and I hope that he didn’t notice my blush.

After that, it was hard to concentrate on the movie. I don’t know what was happening to me, and why am I feeling really conscious about Rob’s presence. I tried breathing calmly, and relax myself. But, it was hard since his arm always brush up with mine. I wanted to pull away, but doing so, he might notice my discomfort. I tried to put my attention to the movie, but as the ending credits rolled in, I had little idea what happened in the movie. I don’t like the direction my mind is going.

“So, how did you like the movie?” Rob asked when the lights in the theater turned on.

“It was epic…”I stated with excitement.

He chuckled at my reaction and escorted me out of the theater to his car. We were silent again, but this time it was a comfortable kind of silence. I stared at the window beside me, watching the houses as we passed by them. He clear his throat, getting my attention.

“We are here.” He announced, stopping the car beside street, near my apartment building.

I didn’t made any moves of going out of the car, but he was already out, jogging towards my side again, opening my door for me.

“You know, I can open the door myself.” I said, nodding my head in disagreement as I got out of the car.

“I’m trying to get in your good side, and be a gentleman.’’ He said, his voice teasing.

“Oh please… you don’t have to do that. You already suck up to my mother.”I countered, smirking at my words.

“Uhm…” he started, but cleared his throat again. I was beginning to think that he has a cough, but thought again. “Do you want to have a walk first before going up?” he finally asked.

“Sure.”I said, my voice almost a whisper. My heart started thumping at a fast rhythm again, I left my face flush again.

We silently walk until we reach the small playground beside the apartment building, and sat by the swing. I started swinging steadily until he stood up and offered to push me, to pick up speed. Then, silence engulf us for a moment until he asked me a question I somehow feared to answer.

“What did Nick want with you yesterday?”He asked, his voice stern and curious.

I was silent, internally debating about lying to him or not. And, as of the moment, I felt tired of lying to someone I know I trust.

“Can you keep a secret?” I asked, my voice soft as I decided to tell him the truth.

“You know you can trust me.” he answered and stop  pushing me to walk around, and faced me face to face.

His face was serious and stern. His eyes glistening with worry and curiosity. I smiled at his words, and took a deep breath before telling him everything I told Nick but with less detail, especially about the night Nate died. But, I told him more about my family troubles, especially about hiding from my father. When I got to the part about yesterday, with Adam’s presence, his face turned guarded.

He sat at the swing beside me, swaying lightly as he listened to everything, not interrupting me with questions.

“I think I agree with Nick about not contacting him.”He stated, when I finally finished.