Sixteen

Sixteen

After we settled down a bit, and Nick and Chloe stopped shouting insults at each other, again, I got their attention and asked where we would eat lunch.

“We should go to Rob’s mom’s restaurant! We’ll surprise and bug him…”Chloe offered, her eyes glistening from her mad plan.

“I think we shouldn’t do…” I started, hesitating, but was cut off.

“That’s a good idea! I still have to get him back for last time…” Nick agreed, interrupting me.

“I really haven’t eaten in his mom’s restaurant before…”Maddy stated after Nick

“Me too.” Tony said, agreeing with her.

“What do you think Nat?” Chloe asked. They all looked at me for approval.

I sighed, giving in and agreed to their choice. Though, I felt uncomfortable that I was going to see him this fast, rather than Monday, and I have less time to prepare myself mentally. Then, thoughts of last night came flooding back, especially the feel of his warm hands on mine. I shook the image away from my mind and stood up from the couch. I excused myself and changed to a normal clothes, which is a shirt and jeans for me, and we were out of the apartment in no time.

We used Tony’s car and not use Nick’s car since he doesn’t want to drive. In our drive there, Chloe was babbling about her plan on how to annoy Rob, but Nick has other things in mind. His plan is more damaging than Chloe’s, which by now I think is kind of childish. But, it was much more reasonable than Nick’s, and I don’t like bothering people who are busy. It just goes against everything I know, even now that I’ve changed.

When we arrived at the restaurant, Tony drops us off in the entrance as he finds a place to park so that we’ll be seated when he already parks his car. As the attendant in the podium gestured us to seat at a booth far from the door, Maddy volunteered to wait for Tony since he might not know where we sat. And, in the way to our seat, Chloe excused herself to the bathroom, leaving me alone with Nick in our booth. We sat across from each other and were silent for a moment until our server came, a person I prayed who wouldn’t show.

“What are you two doing here?” Rob asked, shocked.

“Would you believe me if I said we are here for a date?” Nick said, his voice without a hint of tease.

Rob didn’t answer his question and just stared him down deadly in return. I looked at Nick, shocked at the words that came out of his mouth. I waited for him to say ‘It’s a joke’, but he kept his stance and his face serious. Slowly the tension between them became noticeable to the table across from us; then, like god has answered my silent prayers, Chloe walked toward us and sat beside me.

“Surprise!” she exclaimed as she sat beside me, then she notice the death stare between Nick and Rob. “What did I miss?” she added, whispering more to me, but it help snapped Rob from Nick’s glare and turn towards us.