Nineteen

Nineteen

“What do you mean?” I finally asked Adam when the information sunk in.

“I really don’t know what it means… I’ve been looking through it for three years myself. But, information such as these is very scandalous, so it’s hard to get it. Nick left me a letter, like he knew there something bad was going to happen to him. I followed his instructions, but still I’m not getting much.” He explain, his voice rush and low.

I pondered on his words, and nodded. “We need to talk about this somewhere private.” I stated, looking around the place.

“I agree. But, I’m busy today. Can we meet tomorrow?” he asked, taking his phone out.

“Uhm… yea, sure. I‘m busy today too.” I agreed.

“Okay, I’ll pick you up at your place around 10 in the morning? Is that fine?” he asked, his attention in his phone still.

“Sure. It’s fine.” I answered, and then glance at the car’s behind me. “I need to go now.” I added, looking at Nick’s car, his side window down as his gaze where on me.

Adam notice my urgency and look at Nick’s car. He smirked about something and nodded his head in agreement. “I think so too..” he said with a smirk.

As we said our farewell, I walked towards Nick’s car, but glance back at Adam’s way for a moment and gave him a soft smile. I opened Nick’s passenger door and got in silently.

“Aren’t you going to ride with Rob?” he asked, his face slightly surprised.

“I don’t like crossing streets. I’m texting him that I’m going to ride with you.” I said nonchalantly and got my phone out.

Nick didn’t pry me anymore question and started the car. As I send the message to Rob, his reply came after a few seconds. Rob agreed to it, and his car speed ahead of us as we trailed behind him. Nick was silent for I moment, and I didn’t bother to break the silence, until he clear his throat.

“What did you talk about?” he asked, his voice thick with curiosity.

I ignored his question and continued to keep my eyes in front of me. I heard him sighed heavily beside me and grumbled something. His voice sounded annoyed, making me turn to look and glare at him. He notice me looking at him and turned to face me. Our eyes locked for a single moment until I turned and look away in disgustment.

“Why do you hate me so much?” he asked suddenly, caughting me off guard.

I turned my head to the other direction, so he won’t see my guilty expression. For I moment, I don’t know why I felt guilty. I breathed out a heavy sigh and turned and face him. “I don’t hate you, Nick.” I said softly.

“If you don’t, then why do you always have that bitter look when you’re with me?” he asked.