The Beginning (falling skies)

Hey Guys its Jay here and just letting you guys know that I dont know every little single exact detail and I am a sort of first time writer so please excuse my mistakes(: Hope you guys enjoy one of my first stories on here! Please leave any comments suggesting or opinions in the way you guys feel about this! Also please note that I am adding characters to the whole story![: Thanks!! 

***************************************************************************************************************

Preface 

*Emmeline*

I was walking down the sidewalk on a beautiful day heading towards my favorite little cafe shop near my house where I go to read. I was just about to round a corner when I noticed the sky darken. I figured it would best to head back home, but completely changed my mind about the dangers of getting stuck in the middle of a thunderstorm. I didnt mind much. I rounded the last corner before the shop enterance when a car lost control and crashed into a brick wall ahead of me. I let out a little shriek. When I noticed that most of the stop lights in this neighborhood were flickering or staying on yellow. I turned back to the accident to see the woman trying to get out of her car. I rushed over to her and pulled on her door to help her open it but it wouldnt budge. I kept pulling and pulling and the lady started to give up when the door finally gave in and opened. The lady fell out and landed on the floor blood coming out from her forehead. I helped her up and led her to a nearby wall to sit her down. She leaned against the wall her face getting more and more pale. I tried to keep her awake but soon her eyelids dropped and I couldnt find her pulse.

I couldnt believe that I had just watched a person , flesh and blood, die in front of me. Im just a kid with no medical expierence. How could I have saved her life? Sitting there waiting for the police to show up I began to wonder if she had any children or a husband. She looked around my mother's age so maybe she did have a family to go home to. I suddenly felt a pang of guilt. I knew I had no control over when a person dies but maybe I could of done something different. It was too late now to know. I looked up to the dark sky and I began to notice that there were little capsules of light floating around. I knew something was a little off about floating lights. Lanterns maybe? I stood up and turned around. They were everywhere. All over the sky. Were they bombs? Who knows, but the next things I heard were wailing sirens and loud booming sounds. 

I had heard about what that usually meant, in my History class. These noises and sights I was seeing was the beginning of a war.

************************************************************************************************************

So what do you guys think? I know its a little short but give me a little credit[: Well if you guys enjoyed it vote or leave a comment [: Thanks and I believe I'll update at anytime that I can![: