Chapter 4

Hello (: Today has been a very chill day so I'm updating quite a lot. Well this story is moving along awesome and 25 reads! wow so freaking awesome! It's a little but eh its something! Well if you like this story so far please spread the word and enjoy!

-Jay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4

*Emmeline*

8 MONTHS LATER*

I had just past the state line of massachuesets I think and all I was looking for now was somewhere to sleep. It's been a long time since I had last taken a nap. These skitters tend to never leave you alone. I was clearly in a place where skitters had taken over a bit and its kinda the worst place to stay at one sign of life and they'll eat you alive. I kept walking until I saw the forest. I walked through the first couple of trees then ran in a sprint as far as I could get without getting tired. I heard several noises and I hid behind a bush. A young blondish boy and another young boy came through and stopped. Guns in hand. I slowly walked out and showed myself." Hey." I said nice and loud. The blonde boy turned around and shot blindly. I did a ninja roll and came up with my own gun."Watch it boy." I said pointing at his chest. He put his gun down and put his hands up. I put my gun down and walked towards him." Im no danger unless you shoot blonde boy." I said standing in front of him and his other friend." Only one person since this invasion started has called me blonde boy and I havent seen that person in 8 months." He said protectively as if whoever he was talking about was important to him."Oh well Im sorry Math Geek." I said turning away." What's your name gray eyes?" Blonde boy asked." Emmeline, but you can call me Em." I said turning back to face him.

*Ben Mason*

I seriously couldn't believe she was right in front of me. I have literally been dreaming about this girl everyday since the last day I saw her." What are you doing here?" I asked." Do you think I have the slightest clue?" She asked sarcastically." I'm Ben. We met when you let us come to your house when the invasion started." He explained. I shook my head." I don't remember you." She said sounding unsure." I was there when you discovered your parents dead in your basement." I didn't want it to come to it but it was the only way she would remember me. She pulled out her gun and held it against my head." Never talk about that day you hear me! Never!" She yelled she pulled the gun down and stepped away from me.

*Emmeline*

I didn't know what I was doing. I cursed under my breath and started walking back the way I came from." Please Em. Don't go!" He yelled." Shut up! Do you have any idea how many skitters are around this forest Ben? I said. He walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder." Come back to the camp with me you'll be able to get some sleep." He offered me something I couldn't refuse." I don't know if I can. I need to keep moving. I just came back from Mexico I needed to see if any of my dads family had survived and I just have to keep going." I said shrugging his arm off." I know you don't trust me but I know you trust my dad. We gathered people my brothers included and a whole bunch of other people we found around to join us." He explained." I do trust your dad even though I never saw him again after that first day. What happened to your mom?" I asked. He stayed silent." Fine. I'll go with you." I said walking back to where his friend was. He smiled at me and started walking towards the way they had come from. Ben started walking behind him and that's when I noticed the spikes coming out from his spine. I froze in my spot but then snapped out of it and kept walking. Ben had been harnessed? Could I trust him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does this count as a cliffhanger ? I think it does well another cliff hanger! Keep reading and

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW