18

After we had found 3 large suitcases it was 9 at night. Paisley had gone to bed awhile ago and now it was just me and Nicole downstairs in the living room.

    "What do you think your family is gonna do when you get home?" Nicole asked out of the blue.

    "Well,I think they'll be driving me everywhere and not letting me walk home anymore. What do you think?" I asked picking at a blanket thread.

    "I don't know. They,probably won't care I'm home." She muttered darkly.

    "Why do you say that?"

  "Because,they always drink and get drunk. All they like to do is invite friends over and play poker. Half the time they don't even know I'm there." She hissed.

   "Then why do you miss them?" I asked softly.

   "Because I know deep down,they care about me. Maybe just a smidge. I'm probably not going back." She explained quietly.

    "Why don't you come live with me?" I asked nodding my head. I knew my parents wouldn't care as long as I explained what was going on.

      "Really?"

     "I'm dead serious."

  "Oh gosh,thanks Summer." She said wiping her eyes.

   "Anytime Nicole." I said softly.

   "I think I'm gonna go to bed,we need to get up early for tomorrow to prepare some more." Nicole finally said getting to her feet.

   "Yeah I'm heading that way to."  I said getting to my own feet.

    We walked up the stairs together and went our separate ways to our own room and closed the doors. I changed into a pair of soft pajamas and laid down under the covers. That night,I felt better than I ever had. We had finally found a way of escape,but it was still awhile away. Fears crept into my head of the man and woman returning early,but I quickly brushed the thought away. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber,my sleep dreamless.
~~~~

     The morning light woke me up,and I sat up in bed with some hope in my mind. I threw off the covers and got dressed throwing on a pair of acid washed jean shorts and a faded pink shirt. I ran into the hallway,nearly tripping over the bags at my feet and rushed down the stairs. What we needed to do today was collect evidence,and turn it in to the nearest police station. I remembered the camera in my room and rushed back up the stairs.

    I returned with the camera and walked over to the basement door. I didn't really want to do this,but I had to. I eased the basement door  open and scampered down the stairs. I hesitantly walked over to the skeleton and began taking pictures. I took pictures of the floor,the chairs that the man had us in when he beat us,the little amount of food they gave us,and finally the contents of the freezer. When I returned upstairs I smelled of rotten flesh. I ran back up the stairs and into my room. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie from the drawer and walked into the bathroom. I turned the shower on and hopped in,my stomach fluttering with anxiety.

   I washed my hair before getting out and drying off. I threw on the clothes and brushed through my hair. I was going to need to cut it as soon as I got home. I walked onto the landing to see Nicole and Paisley waiting.

   "Hey guys." I said after I finished putting my hair in a braid.

   "Hey Summer,we wanted to see if you would take us to see the escape place." Nicole said standing straighter.

   "Sure,just let me change into shorts and we'll go." I said before rushing into my room and changing.
~~~~

    "Are you ok up there Paisley?" I asked,calling up to her.

   "Yeah, I'm ok!" She said climbing faster.

   "Ok,just be careful, you're almost there." I said scampering after her.

     When we finally made it to the top of the hill,I showed them the hole in the fence. They wiggled through and I followed them.

   We remained in silence , to excited to say anything.

   "I can't believe we're actually gonna get out of this place." Nicole said after awhile.

    "Me neither. We better just take our backpacks though because this climb is going to be hard with suitcases." I pointed out before taking a seat on the ground.

    "Am I gonna see mommy and daddy again?" Paisley piped up before taking a seat next to me.

    "Yep,the game is gonna end soon." I said ruffling a hand through her hair.

    We sat on the other side of the fence before getting to our feet and wiggling through the fence again. We covered it up with a broken tree branch and began the climb back to the house.
~~~~

    "I found one!" Nicole shouted from the other room.

    After we had returned we went to our separate rooms and looked for two backpacks each. I had already found mine,and I was trying to gather my stuff I wanted to take with me. I had one bag full of pictures and my camera,and the other laid on my bed,empty. Paisley asked for help and I told her we would pack tomorrow. There were only two days left until our escape and I was getting nervous.

    "Summer?" Nicole called from her room.

   "Yeah?"

  "Are we planning on taking food?"

"Well,yes,we need to save one backpack for food. I'm sure we'll use Paisleys other one." I called back and I heard her mumble in agreement.

     I had taken some more pictures of the house when we had returned,until my camera space was full. There was also an address photo in there. 9807 was the house code and after I took a picture of it,I stashed it into my backpack. It was getting late,and tomorrow was the last day we had. I changed into a pair of pajamas,hoping it would be the last time,and went under the covers.

    I tossed and turned and finally,fell asleep,dreams creeping into my mind.
~~

"Please,you have to look at my camera! We're the girls who were kidnapped!" I shouted becoming angry,and sad at the same time.

  "Alright kid,let's just call your parents and have them come down and get you. They're not gonna be happy that you brought them from their vacation." The cop said sternly turning to her phone.

  I lunged at her,ignoring Nicole's and Paisley's pleads to stop.

   Other cops surrounded me and picked me up under the arms. Two figures walked through the door. The man and the woman. Paisley and Nicole ran over to them giving them a hug. My world began to crumble. Traitors.

   "Why are you hugging them!?" I spat glaring at them.

   "Because Summer,this is our perfect family." Nicole said grabbing my arm. They all linked onto me and dragged me to the car.

  "The perfect family indeed." Paisley said holding a teddy bear.
~~~
Hey guys! Here's the next update and I'm super sorry it took so long to write this! There's only a couple more chapters and I'm gonna miss writing this story! Thank you all for getting this to 450+ reads it means the world to me.

Every comment and vote make me smile and I still honestly can't believe that this book has reached over 450+ reads. It's crazy!

  Anyway, there's only 4 chapters(maybe 5) left! I might make a sequel,but after this I'm probably gonna go through and edit this story first. I'll tell you all when I get the sequel up and going.

  Next chapter should be up soon I'm on vacation in South Carolina right now,so I'll try to update in the hotel soon.

  Until next chapter!

:)

-Xxstars_moonxX