13

I quietly closed Paisley's door before walking back down the stairs. After we had gotten done swimming we went back to the house where Paisley had fallen asleep. I however,was going to begin the search for keys or something to escape. My search began in the living room. I looked under the couch,under the couch cushions,and behind the Tv. I gave up without a set of keys and moved to the upstairs in the rooms. I had a feeling something was in the man and woman's bed room,so that's where I went first. I walked over to the door and swung it open,and began opening all of the chests and drawers looking through everything. I stopped when I saw a folder and picked it up,and opened it.

Pictures and files of girls fell to the floor and I jumped before going to my knees and nearly screamed when the front door slammed open. Had they come back before they even left for their vacation? I hastily put things back in the folder,before putting it back in its spot. I slid out onto the landing and closed the door softly before running down the stairs. The lady who claimed to be my grandma was setting boxes of pizza on the counter.

"Oh,hello Autumn!" She cried with joy and I shushed her.

"So-sorry. Paisley and Nicole is sleeping." I said softly before stepping back.

"Well,it's quite all right. I brought a fresh pitcher of lemonade for you girls. Have a nice day!" She chirped before walking out.

I sighed before returning to the man and woman's room and opened the folder.

Pictures and pictures of girls were laying at the bottom of the folder and I fell to the floor as I looked through all of them. I sat there for awhile just reading when I came across my own picture and page of information.

I skimmed through it before tucking it away,to scared to read the rest. I shoved the folder back in the drawer it came from and opened the closet and nearly shrieked. There were guns,duct tape,medicine,and all kinds of bloody murder weapons. I slammed the door shut and ran out of the room,closing the door behind me.

I caught my breath in the hallway and froze when I heard Paisley's voice.

"Summer,what's wrong?" She asked softly walking over.

"It-it's n-nothing." I stammered slowly.

"Is that pizza?!" She squealed before running down the hallway and down the stairs.

I shook my head before catching my breath and following after Paisley. When I reached the kitchen I saw that she was already eating a slice of pizza.

"Here Summer! I got you a piece!" She said holding out a plate.

I honestly thought I would never eat after seeing all of those bloody weapons,but I took the plate with a small smile. I took small nibbles and ended up eating 4 more slices. Guess I was hungry. It was beginning to get night out and I was feeling exhausted and dreary. I knew I would have to get up early in the morning to try and stop somebody to rescue us,and I needed a decent amount of sleep to do so.

I glanced at the clock.

8:30!

How was it that late already?! And why was Nicole still in her room....?

I dashed up the stairs,and dashed to Nicole's room and flung the door open. I flipped the switch on and collapsed to my knees on my ground. Nicole,was dead.

A small cord sat around her neck and a glass of water on the nightstand.

"Summer? What's wrong!" She asked walking into the room,but she stopped immediately.

"Summer,why is Nicole just laying there?" She cried flopping down next to me.

No words could ever describe how I felt at the moment. I stood up on shaky legs and walked over and picked up her arm. I checked for a pulse and nearly screamed in joy. There was a small,very faint pulse left.

"Paisley go find something,anything that I can call someone with!" I shouted before unwrapping the cord from around her neck. Her breath was ragged and tears started streaming down my face from joy and fear. Paisley came running back in a small flip phone in her hand.

"It won't let me dial 9-1-1! It only allows me to call that old lady!" She shouted with a cry.

"Here let me see," I demanded before taking it and dialing and huffed in frustration before handing it back to Paisley,"here just call the old lady." I huffed before turning back to Nicole.

"Don't die on me now Nicole." I whispered listening to Paisley crying over the phone.

"Ok,she's on her way." Paisley said before running out of the room.

I heard her putting the phone back and racing back up the stairs,tears streaming down her face.

"Is this my fault?" She sobbed,standing in the doorway.

"Of course not Paisley. She's just stressed." I said walking over to her and giving her a hug.

"Do you think she'll wake up?" She asked after she quieted down.

"I'm pretty sure she will." I said returning to Nicole's side.
~~~
10 minutes later the woman had finally arrived and taken Nicole and put her in her car.

They drove off into the dark night,and I watched until they drove past the gate and turned right onto the highway. I stayed outside until the mosquitoes started biting me,and I retreated to the couch in the living room. Paisley joined me and flipped on the tv turning on a movie and later fell asleep. I started dozing off when the telephone rang. I bolted up and answered it my voice sounding drowsy.

   "Hello?"

   "Autumn,good news. Rebecca woke up,but she needs to stay in the hospital for a couple days. Will you be alright?" She asked sounding wide awake.

     "Yeah,I'm just glad she's awake. Well thanks for calling,but I'm gonna go back to sleep. Goodbye." I whispered glad Nicole was ok.

    "Goodbye,I'll call you tomorrow."

     "Goodbye." And with that I clicked the hang up button and went back to the couch,falling asleep.
---------
Hey guys!

   This chapter is really crappy I'm sorry. I'm just so stressed right now with finals and yeah...

   Hopefully the next chapter will be better!

   Thanks for 200+ reads by the way.

Bye guys have a great rest of your day!

   :)

-Xxstars_moonxX