15

Walking into the room,felt like walking into a  graveyard. It was dead silent in the room with the only sound being the beeping of the machines. It felt lonely and cold in here and I wanted to leave immediately,but I knew I had to do this for Nicole and Paisley. Paisley grabbed my hand and squeezed her teddy bear tighter. We walked to side of the bed where Nicole was awake,reading a book.

    "Autumn! Hey Paisley." She stuttered softly closing the book.

   "Hey Rebecca." I whispered,holding back my tears,glad she was still alive.

   "We brought a rose for you." Paisley said giving her the now crushed rose.

      "Thanks Paisley." Nicole said smiling softly.

    "Hey Paisley,why don't you wait over there in that chair and tell a story to your bear? I have to ask Nic—Rebecca a question." I said fumbling over my words.

    She nodded and ran over to the chair. I waited until she was out of ear shot before turning back to Nicole.

    "Have you managed to tell anybody yet?" I asked playing with the thin blanket.

    "No,that lady has been keeping a close eye on me. And she told them to give me some medicine before she left." She said picking up a glass of water with shaky hands.

    The line around her neck was a dull purple and had black spots in it.

   "Why did you do it?" I finally blurted out.

    "Because,I felt really bad for taking Paisley. I just thought that was the only way to escape the guilt." She said beginning to cry.

     The heart monitor sped up and her breathing got fast as she breathed in gulps of air.

     "Calm down!" I said beginning to panic.

   "I...can't...panic...attack...nurse!" She breathed out still taking heavy,shaky breaths.

    I fumbled with a nurse switch and pushed it,tears streaming down my face.

    A nurse wearing blue scrubs ran in and shooed me out of the way and ran to Nicole's side.

    I watched as she injected something into a tube that linked into Nicole's arm. Her breathing remained ragged,and I sank down the wall listening to the nurses calm words.

    "Just breathe honey,it's all ok now." The nurse cooed.

     Nicole's breathing returned normal and she fell asleep,her breaths turning deep and smooth finally.

    "I'm so sorry—"I began before the nurse held a hand up.

   "It's not your fault. I've seen this before,she'll be ok. Her visiting hours are over for now,but  you can come back tomorrow,when the hospital opens." She said shooing me and Paisley out of the room.

    She closed the door behind us,leaving Paisley and I to walk down to the lobby. The woman had went back downstairs to get a cup of coffee,and I knew this was our only chance to get someone to notice it was us.

      The hallway was empty and silent,so I began running searching for any nurse. Paisley followed behind,her breathing becoming strange as I ran faster. I rounded a corner and ran smack dab into a nurse and we both fell to the floor.

   "Please,please help us." I began pleading.

   "Listen kid,hospitals aren't for running." She hissed softly.

    "No you don't understand! We're Summer and Paisley,the girls who were kidnapped! Nicole is in a room,we just left there." I pleaded beginning to cry.

    "Well bees knees. It is you girls! I've seen your picture and heard about you on the radio!" She exclaimed getting to her feet.

      A loud bang echoed through the hallway,and the nurse fell to her knees,collapsing to the ground,her head bleeding from a gun wound.

   "Get up now. Both of you!" The lady hissed grabbing us by our hair.

      I cried out in pain and screamed as she clamped a hand over my mouth. She removed her hand,before tying a gag around my mouth.

    She shoved us towards the emergency exit and we opened the door out into the bright light. Was anyone else seeing this?! Where was everybody?!

    "Dang it Autumn! Now we have barely anytime." She said throwing me into the car and Paisley next. Her mouth had a gag around it to,tears streaming down her face.

    The woman got in,and started the car,pulling out of the parking lot and speeding back to the house.

    We were so close,and now I was going to die.
~~~~

   "No we're not killing them. This is the best family you've had. Don't worry I'll punish them. Yeah. Alright,bye." The lady finished hanging up the phone.

   We were currently standing by the basement door,gags still around our mouths,and now the lady was coming towards us holding rope.

    "You girls are lucky your father isn't going to kill you. But you will be receiving a punishment from me." She hissed opening the basement door open.

    I shook my head,starting to cry again.

   She shoved us both down the stairs slowly before putting us in two chairs and tying our hands and feet together.

   "Now,stay here for awhile. Your lucky I don't do punches and kicks." She said vanishing up the stairs.

       We were left in the pitch black,only our sobs and tears filling the silence that surrounded us.
-------
Hey guys!

   Heres the next chapter and I hope you guys enjoyed it!! Thanks for 230+ reads by the way! It means so much to me guys!

   Next chapter should be up soon!

:)

-Xxstars_moonxX