09

When I woke up, I felt sick to my stomach and a little bit drowsy. My clothes were soaked with sweat,and I felt weak,almost to weak to move. I sat up with a small groan and put my feet on the ground,and stood up before falling to the floor. I shrieked and scooted back until I hit the wall with my back and took deep breaths. I looked at the floors again and winced as I saw dried blood everywhere.

"This is so disgusting." I whispered out to nobody.

It was quiet upstairs and I wondered if the man purposely forgot to let me out. I glanced at my hand that I had cut,and quickly looked away. The cut was infected, a large ring of red surrounding the cut. I needed something to clean it up,and I didn't exactly know where there would be some down here. I got up slowly and shuffled around trying to find the bathroom down here. I turned down a hallway and picked up the pace when I saw a door. I flung it open and almost jumped up and down. I had found the bathroom and there was a small first aid kit under the sink,when I looked. I sat down on the floor and poured peroxide on my hand and sucked in a breath of air as it stung. I finished by wrapping it up in a small white cloth and put everything back under the sink. I walked back out of the bathroom,and back to the small mattress when I heard someone at the basement door.

"Summer are you down here?"

It was Nicole!

"Nicole!" I wheezed.

"Oh my gosh Summer!" She yelled pounding on the door and rattling the door knob.

"It's locked! Find the key,and make sure you hold your nose when you open the door!" I yelled starting the climb up the stairs.

"I can't! The man,he's coming home for lunch,and he told me to not open the door,or else he'll kill you!" She cried pounding on the door.

"It's ok,just stay safe! Don't let him forget about me!" I yelled out through the door.

Silence met my reply and I heard the front door open,and quickly ran down the stairs and over to the mattress. Footsteps came to the basement door and I heard it open. I sat up as I saw the man climbing down the stairs.

"Get up now!" He screamed grabbing a chair, that had latches to secure hands and legs down.

"What are you going to do to me?" I squeaked standing up.

He didn't reply,only grabbed my arm and threw me in the chair,and buckled my arms and legs.

"Please don't hurt me." I cried,watching him roll his sleeves up.

"I do it to all of them. If they misbehave,they must be taught a lesson. Now,I don't have a long lunch break so I have to start now." He explained before punching me square in the face.

I screamed and immediately shut up as he slapped me.

"The louder you scream," he panted," the harder I hit." He finished before punching me in the stomach.

I bit my tongue and winced as I felt blood start coming from my nose. I tried moving as I noticed he had pulled out a knife and I made an effortless move to stop him.

"Don't,disobey me again." He hissed before slicing my arms and my legs leaving trails of blood. He moved to do my face and made quick slashes across my face and I continued crying in pain.

His watch beeped and he put one more slash down my arm,and landed one more punch in the face,causing the chair to tip back. I hit my head against the floor and watched dazedly and in pain as he climbed up the stairs and slammed the door shut. I blacked out and sank into the darkness,allowing it to take the pain away.
----

When I came to my face was stiff and I was still on the floor in the chair. I struggled to get out and gasped in pain as I pulled to hard,and my hand finally slipped out. I unbuckled my other arm and then both my legs,and laid back down,my whole body aching.

I glanced down and winced as I saw blood covering almost every inch of my body,before resting my head back down on the ground. I had no use of time down here so I couldn't tell how long I had been down here.

    I sat up,and made my way across the floor,crawling slowly until I reached the mattress. I moved my hand along the shelves until I found the journal and flopped back down to the ground. I opened it slowly and skipped to the second page where someone with really good cursive had wrote.

    Dear Journal,
  I found the freezer and the bodies. It was disgusting! This man has a twisted world,and I don't wanna be his daughter,I don't even wanna see him ever again. He's been hitting me since I've been locked down here. It hurts,and I black out almost everyday. I can't wait till I get out of here,wether it's in death or escaping. I've accepted my fate,and I honestly don't care anymore.

-Faith

    I closed the journal and laid my head back down,my vision becoming dark. I was just about to doze off when the basement door unlocked,and the woman rushed down the stairs still in her pajamas.

"Autumn,is that you?" She asked running over.

"Yes." I croaked before looking up.

"What has he done now." She murmured softly.

"Are you here to punch me to?" I asked, weakly scooting back.

"Of course not dear,"she whispered picking me up,"I'm here to tell you everything." She added carrying me up the stairs.

I watched as we came up in the living room,to sore, and in to much pain to do anything else. Nicole was sitting on the couch,tears streaming from her eyes.

"Where's the man?" I barely whispered out.

"He went to work,I had the day off." She grunted as she continued carrying me into my room.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I whispered out again.

"Well,one your in pain so this isn't an everyday thing,and two you are gonna clean yourself up and be in the kitchen in about an hour,so I can explain everything to Rebecca and you." She said before putting me on my feet.

I swayed and stumbled into my room and watched as the woman slammed the door shut.

What would she have to say?
-----

Hey guys!

I got an A on my history test,but I think I have one more quiz this week so updates may be a little slow.

100+ reads omg!! Thank you all so much! I can not believe how many people have read my book.

Many people have been commenting that I need to slow down and I'm sorry if I'm going fast. I'm not meaning to I'm just super excited to be writing this book and for some reason I always like having cliff hangers.

Next chapter will be up as soon as possible and I hope you enjoy the book.

:)

-Xxstars_moonxX