12

I woke up the next morning,drenched in sweat,and exhausted. Not getting much sleep was starting to take a toll on me. I got out of bed and ran a hand through my greasy hair with a sigh. I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. I took off the pajamas and got in and washed my hair and body quickly. I got out and wrapped myself in a towel and walked into my room. I threw on a pair of jean shorts and a black flower shirt. I walked out of my room and down the stairs to see Paisley sitting on the couch watching Scooby-Doo.

"Hey Paisley." I said walking over to the couch.

"Hi Summer!" She said her face lighting up.

"Where's the man and lady?" I asked looking around.

"They went to work,and they said something about a week vacation. They told me they would be back next week." She said turning her attention back to the Tv.

"Joy." I whispered as I headed into the kitchen.

  I found a cookbook and flipped through the pages until I found an easy recipe of French toast. I pulled out all of the ingredients and began cooking when Paisley walked in and start at the table.

    "What's wrong?" I asked as I flipped the finished French toast onto a plate.

   "When does the game end?" She quietly asked her voice dripping with sadness.

    "It'll end..soon. We just have to figure out the puzzles first." I quickly said putting some French toast on a plate for her.

   "Like a clue card?" She asked with a faint smile.

   "Exactly." I told her setting the food down in front of her.

   "Thanks Summer." She said before eating.

   "Your welcome,and how about after you eat,we'll go for a hike or a swim." I said turning to get myself a plate.

    I heard her murmur in agreement and she went back to eating. I made a plate for Nicole,and headed upstairs pausing outside of her door. I opened it slowly and flinched as I saw she was sleeping. I left the food and a note saying where Paisley and I were going and walked back out,closing the door softly. I headed back down to the kitchen and made myself a plate,before sitting down and eating the food quickly. The warmth of it, felt good in my empty stomach and I finished the whole plate before I knew it. Paisley stood up and ran out of the room,and I began washing the dishes. I finished and wiped my hands on my jean shorts before heading out to the living room.

   "So,would you like to swim today,go on the paddle boat,or go on a hike?" I asked plopping next to her.

    "Let's go on the boat and swim!" She shouted gleefully.

    I sighed but nodded my head and followed her up the stairs.

   "Go change and wait for me downstairs. I'll pack us a picnic to eat in the middle of the big pond." I instructed her before walking into my room. I closed the door softly and began looking around for a swimsuit. I opened the drawers and rummaged around and pulled out a neon pink bikini.

    "Why can't they just buy one piece suits!" I whispered to myself.

    I never did like bikinis,because I was always aware of what people thought of me. Plus, I never did like the way people would look at my stomach when I went to the public pool. It's like they thought I was to skinny and I would snap right in half. I put the swimsuit on and grabbed two towels and threw them in the bag. I walked out of my room and down the stairs and began packing a small lunch. I threw in some sandwiches,and water bottles before closing the bag and putting it on my back.

    "Ready Paisley?" I asked as she came next to me,wearing a blue bikini.

   "I'm all ready! Here put my hair up." She told me before whirling around.

   I put her hat up in a long ponytail and put a ponytail in my hair as well.

    She grabbed my hand and pulled me outside and stopped causing me to bump into her.

   "What's wrong Paisley?" I asked glancing down.

   "The trash man." She said simply pointing down the driveway.

     I glanced down before breaking into a sprint, Paisley keeping up with me.

      "Hey!" I shouted waving my arms.

     I ran faster,my breathing turning heavy as I reached the end of the drive way,but the gate was in the way. The trash man had earbuds in and I screamed until my voice became hoarse. I waved my arms and beat against the fence and slid to the ground as he flipped his shaggy hair and got back on. I sobbed,letting the tears break through. Every Tuesday I would come down here,and every day I would run down to the end to see if someone,anybody, would come and save us.

    "Summer? We don't have to go swimming." Paisley said sitting next to me.

    Her small voice sounded scared,but holding care in it.

    "No,we can go swim." I said wiping my face.

    We sat right there,for at least 10 minutes before we got to our feet and ran to the lake. When we got there I eased the paddle boat into the water and told Paisley to get in before pushing it out farther,and then finally got in. I put the bag in the back of the paddle boat and remained silent as we paddled farther out.

    "Summer?" Paisley asked after awhile?

     "Yeah?" I asked glancing over at her.

    "I know I already asked,but was the trash man kinda like a clue to our game?" She asked glaring in the sun's brightness.

     "Yeah,sorta. But next time we have to get his attention." I said glaring at the water.

     And next time,we would.
-----

Here's the next chapter guys! Updates will be slow because I have finals this week. I have them in Spanish,History,and Math. Bleh.

      My history final is actually tomorrow so,I should be able to write a chapter tomorrow and have it up by Wednesday.

    This is my last week of school before Christmas break and I honestly can't wait. This week is gonna tick by so slow,it's gonna be annoying.

   So I hope you all have a great rest of the week and if I can't tell you later, Happy Holidays!

:)

-Xxstars_moonxX