04

"Hello Mom, this is Autumn our new daughter." The lady chirped with a smile. I cringed at her voice, the perkiness ten times more annoying than usual.

I glanced at the plump old woman and glanced back down at the presents I had to open. Her brown eyes were cold, her features hard and unforgiving. She made a gesture to the presents, raising an eyebrow.

"Well how about you open your presents dearie." The old lady said with a small smile, her face seeming to shrink in pain. It looked as if the smile had literally pained her.

I grabbed the first one and tore it open and let out a sigh as there was more jewelry and boots.

The next few presents were the same. Sweaters,skinny jeans, shorts, and t-shirts. I took everything up to my room and listened to them as they talked over dinner. I wasn't hungry and I made a rule for myself to only eat when they weren't watching.

My mind wondered to the death of that girl and I remembered the basement and shuddered as I remembered the smell. I knew my parents would be coming for me soon, because that tracking device could never be destroyed. Or so my mind told me so. Anything would be ok to believe in right now.

I walked over to the window and stared out, wishing for something to happen. I would take just about anything right about now. I watched as the lady walked to her car and hopped in,driving away slowly. It was 9 p.m and I knew they would be going to bed soon. They were always strictly in bed by 9:30,any later and they would be crabby.Footsteps clicked up the hall and I remained by the window as the woman came and told me goodnight. I didn't respond and I still felt her in the room and when I turned around she was staring at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Night." I whispered out.

She nodded and slammed the door, her footsteps fading and finally they stopped. I watched the red numbers on the clock tick by until it was 1 a.m. I turned on my side and closed my eyes falling into a light sleep.
---------

  I woke up to screams and cries as doors were slammed and things were knocked over. I was to scared to go out so I stuck in the room. Cold air drifted in through the window as I stood up and walked into the bathroom.

    I turned the shower on and stripped down,hopping into the warm water. The water thawed the goosebumps out that had been across my skin as the water drowned out the noise of the screams and cries. My mind continued to travel to the small tracker and a small voice echoed through my head.

  The tracker is broke. You know it.

    I let out a small sob as the truth dawned on me. The tracker was destroyed along with my phone and now I was stuck here with these horrible people who murder innocent girls.

   I turned the water off and got out wrapping myself in the skinny towel and walked out to the dresser.

   I pulled out a simple pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt top. I brushed through my hair and ignored the feeling of hunger in my belly and walked out of my room to see the lady standing on the outside of the door.

    "Good morning Autumn." She said glancing back at the door.

     "Good morning,who's here?" I asked softly.

      "Our other perfect daughter. She's.......settling in right now. Breakfast is on the table." She said shooing me away.

   I walked back downstairs and sat wearily at the table with the man and watched as he drank his morning coffee.

    "Mornin' Autumn." He said picking up the newspaper.I ignored him and sat down in the seat farthest away from the man when he slammed his fist on the table causing me to jump.

"I said Good morning to you." He roared with anger.

"G-good morning." I whimpered out.

    "Your new sister should be coming down soon. Treat her nicely. Your mother and I need to run into town for some new clothes,food, and jewelry for you guys." The man said standing up.

    "Ok." I squeaked out.

     "Oh and don't plan anything,we have cameras around here." He added with a chuckle.

      "Alright! We are all ready to go." The woman said coming down to the bottom of the stairs. She bounced on her heels excitedly, before she looped her arm through the mans. She winked at me and gave me a tiny smile as she dragged the man towards the door.

    "Goodbye sweethearts!" They both chirped before they walked out and slammed the door shut behind them.

   I stared at the table and made a small plate of scrambled eggs and toast, and began picking at my food when I heard someone climbing down the stairs. I turned my head to see another girl staggering down the stairs. She wore a pair of jean shorts and a grey sweatshirt. Blood was splattered across both, and a fresh bruise was forming on her cheek. I swallowed the eggs down forcefully before giving her a tiny reassuring smile.

   "H-hello." She shuddered glancing at me.

   "I'm not one of them. I mean,I'm not part of the family. I was kidnapped to." I blurted out, standing up.

      "Oh. I thought you were part of this..whatever this is." She said walking over to the table.

"No. I'm not." I replied sitting back down.

"I'm Nicole. They told me we would be having a birthday party for me tonight? And I'm supposed to have a new name. They want to call me Rebecca. It's not my birthday though." She sobbed out tears streaming down her face.

"I know. My fake birthday was a couple days ago. I'm Summer by the way, but they call me Autumn." I replied hoping she would stop crying. I really had no room to talk I guess Crying was really all I did now.

She looked up at me and wiped her eyes,sniffling a bit.

"We'll be able to escape right?" She asked her eyes going huge and hopeful.

"Well,I honestly don't know. But don't give up hope. It's how I've been surviving so far." I said with a sigh after I took a bite.

She grew silent and I looked up to find that she was eating. I sighed and glanced at my half empty plate and pushed it away.

"Well,Nicole. Later how about I help get you ready for that party?" I asked standing up looking at her.

Her long auburn hair was tangled and her green eyes held sadness and fear in them,with a slight twinge of hope.

"Alright. Let's play this little game of theirs until we find out what to do."
~~~

Hey guys! I think this is the first authors note I've ever done! Oh well. Well I hope you guys are enjoying this story! And I hope you continue reading!

I'm actually kinda excited to be writing this! I'm sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes but I do read over my chapters before publishing them!

I should have the next chapter up soon and I hope you guys have a great rest of your day!

:)

-Xxstars_moonxX