14. New Shades, New Emotions

Dedicating this chapter to Serenity (Princess_Trillmodee), who is an AWSOME friend and a great reader and commenter. I LOVE you girl. You are amazing. Thanks you for being so great to me always. :)

Banner on the side made by thevaliant07, isn't the banner incredible? :)

****************************************************************************

CHAPTER - 14

NEW SHADES, NEW EMOTIONS

Two things that I have known best about Adam, in the last twenty years of our friendship were, he hates not being obeyed. If you want to save your a*s, do whatever sh*t Adam asks you to do. And the second was that he hates thin crust pizzas without extra cheese. Just hate them!

Adam was standing beside his car, waiting for me, but the moment he spotted Kim with me, his gleeful expression turned to that of utter confusion. It took him a moment to understand that Kim was going with us to the mall, maybe Kim's completely happy face gave it away. And when he did understand that, he focused all his attention towards me and looked at me with demanding, narrowed eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders forcefully and asked him, "Ready?"

Looking at his expressions of anger, I was sure that I could no longer save my a*s. I had disobeyed him too many times in the last four days. He looked at me with disbelief and opened his mouth to say something. But, before he could say anything, Kim shouted at the top of her lungs, "No can do, Adam. I call Shotgun!"

Clearly, she was completely oblivious to the brooding tension between the two bros and was more concerned about 'calling shotgun'. She ran towards the car, quickly opened the door and sat in the passenger seat. While, Adam looked at her like she was crazy, which she definitely was.

"What?" he managed to say, as he shook his head.

"I'll drive!" I shouted, snatching the keys from Adam's hand and running towards the driver's seat, leaving a very perplexed and raging Adam behind.

"But... but, this is my car," he yelled as he looked at me and then at Kim, who was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Not my fault. You should have called 'Shotgun' first. But, no! You were busy checking me out," Kim replied, making me laugh.

I stopped my laughter when Adam looked at me with narrowed eyes and I just shrugged in response. "I was not checking you out," he retorted with clenched teeth.

"Tell yourself that." Kim rolled her eyes and continued, "Now hop on, or we'll leave you here sulking, Eve."

I couldn't help the laughter that escaped my lips at what Kim called Adam. Kim followed me, while Adam was still looking at both of us from outside his car, with a murderous glare.

"What? That was funny." I justified my laughter between my laughs and continued, "It reminded me of elementary school days." After completing my sentence, I laughed much more, which was followed by a much more murderous glare from Adam and questions about our 'elementary school days' from Kim. Of course, I didn't answer her. Had to follow the Bro Code.

"You should be glad that I'm excited about going to the mall," he grumbled, staring at me and grudgingly sat in the backseat of the car. Once my laughter had calmed down, I started the car and made our way towards the mall.

Kim ducked her head between her and mine seats and asked a much stressed Adam, "Why are you excited about going to the mall? Are you excited about doing some shopping, Evie?"

A chuckle escaped my lips and I bit my lips to stop the laughter that was about to erupt from my lips as I looked at Adam's face from the rear view mirror. Adam shot her a deadly glare and said, "Well, clearly you're not a girl and I'm sure that you've never been excited about shopping, as everything you wear looks like it's borrowed from your older fat brother or your father." I saw him smirking at the end as he looked at Kim's face, which I could not see.