38. All Mine... Finally

Dedicating this chapter to Bararamazing for the cute cover on the side. :) Thank you very much. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 38

ALL MINE... FINALLY

The smirk that she had given me when I was caught buying half a basket of c**doms, the innocent look on her face when she had asked me to pee on her teacher's door, her wicked and mischievous eyes with a slight sly smile on her lips whenever she thought about some prank, the way her eyes lit up at the smallest of things, the content look on her face when we were at the beach, the wonderful smile she had given me when we had said our first goodbyes, everything was so clear in my head.

Veronica was standing right in front of me in a gorgeous white wedding dress with happiness in her eyes, but there was one thing that I was searching; the thing that I could not find even after staring in her blue eyes for a very long time.

And, in search of 'that' my mind again wandered to the brown eyed brunette I had met, again, five years back.

The way she bit her lip in nervousness or whenever she was thinking hard about anything, the way she had looked at me when I asked her to ice skate, the way she had said that she was scared of falling, the way she had looked at me when she had opened up her past to me, the way she had looked at me when I had shown her the pictures of my terrible past, the disappointed and hurt look in her eyes when she had seen Hannah and me flirting, the smile that had stretched on her beautiful face and the blush that had crept up her neck when I had called her beautiful at my secret place, the dazed and unidentifiable emotions in her eyes when I had kissed her at the New Year's party, the little joy on her face when we met again at GGIA's party, the way her eyes spoke volumes when she had said just one sentence, 'I know you a lot better than you think I do', the way she had smiled with tear filled eyes when I had made her talk to Hailey, the desire in her eyes when I was about to kiss her again in the hotel room, the blank expressions with which she looked at me while shooting, the unreadable expressions on her face when I had told her 'we're over' and when she had asked me to keep Veronica happy; each and every moment I had spent with her over the years came in front of my eyes like a slide show.

The fact that shocked me to the core and left me utterly speechless was that what I was trying to see in Veronica's eyes at this moment was always present there in Kim's eyes. Pity, I was just too blind to see that throughout these years.

Love!

It was always there in her eyes and I was just damn f*cked up.

I was brought back to reality when Veronica's smile changed into a frown as she looked at me. She raised her eyebrows as if waiting for me to say something.

At the sound of throat clearing my head snapped towards the preacher standing in front of us, who was looking at me weirdly. Once he knew he had my attention, he asked, "Do you Keith Warren take Veronica Lyons as your lawfully wedded wife?"

My head whipped back towards the girl standing in front of me and I felt nothing good about it. My hand itself made its way towards my pants pocket and I touched the piece of paper that I had kept in it before leaving the house today. Looking straight at Veronica, I felt Kim's letter inside my pocket.

Remembering my mother's words from my growing up years, I closed my eyes. She had always said that whenever you are confused all you've to do is close your eyes and whatever pops up in the dark is what you want.

And, the moment I closed my eyes, all I could see was Kim.

I loved her. I loved Kim. I always had.