22. Making A Decision

Dedicating this chapter to SmartQueen98 for being one of my regular readers, voters & for leaving awesome commnets always. :) Thank you so much. I really hope that you'll continue supporting me & my works.

Still, dedicating to my supportive fans & commentors. So, don't forget to vote & comment. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 22

MAKING A DECISION

"So you are telling me that you're going on a date with Kim and you're not telling her that it's a date?" Hailey looked at me with furrowed eyebrows and a disturbed expression on her face.

When she put it like this, I did think that what I was trying to do was strange. But, being the man I am, I didn't show the uncertainty, I myself had in my plan and smiled tight lipped. I nodded my head over-enthusiastically.

"Are you out of your mind?" she asked me incredulously.

I knew that this question was going to come out of my sister's mouth and with the same over-enthusiasm; I shook my head.

She rolled her eyes and looked around the kitchen, maybe to see if anyone was nearby. But my assumption was proved wrong when she picked up the nearest object, which happened to be a ketchup bottle and brought it up to hit me on the head.

Easily, I caught the bottle and took it from Hailey's arm before it could even touch my head. "What?" I asked, keeping the bottle behind me so it was out of her reach.

"I was hitting you in the hopes of making your dumb head work," she said with gritted teeth.

Rolling my eyes, I turned my back to her and grunted, "You're being stupid, Hail. It's just a date." These words sounded so wrong, even to my own ears. It was not just a date. It was a date with Kim. My own feelings were making me feel all weird and disturbed. I was feeling insecure and I doubted myself more than I could even think of.

"You're such a guy."

I decided to share my insecurities with Hailey and turned to look at her again, but she was moving towards the door. I jogged towards her and made her stop by calling her name.

"What?" She turned and crossed her arms over her chest.

Sheepishly, I scratched the back of my neck and exhaled a huge breath. "Do you think that I'll get over this crush quickly?"

She looked at me with wide eyes and mouth. I raised an eyebrow at her expressions and she found her voice. "Crush?" Nodding my head, I wondered if my sister had suddenly gone into the mode of memory loss and she even forgot the simple words and their meanings. "You think that what you feel for Kim is just a crush?" she asked, focusing special attention on the word 'crush' with disgust in her voice.

I snorted and said, "I don't think, Hail. I'm sure." She looked around the kitchen again and this time I was sure that she was searching for a heavy object to hit me and before she could even take one step towards anything, I continued, "Do you remember when I was four and I thought that I was in love with my classmate's eighteen year old sister? Do you remember when I was seven and all I used to do was talk about my teacher and how I thought that it was love? Do you remember when we went to New York and I spotted a beautiful blonde and thought that it was 'love at first sight' for me?" I asked her these questions and she looked at me with confused expressions, probably wondering that where I was going with these questions.

With narrowed eyes and tightly closed lips, she nodded her head and I continued, "It was never love, Hail. I don't even remember their faces properly. They were all my crushes and those stupid, unwanted feelings were gone as quickly as they came. And, I'm very sure that just like those crushes, I would be over Kim too in no time. It's just a crush and soon, it would be crushed."