5. Time Flies

Dedicating this chapter to my Wattpad friend Jerace2, go & check out her awesome stories.. :) <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 5

TIME FLIES

"Time goes by so fast, people come in and go out of our lives; we think that nothing has changed, but the truth is everything changes."

Two & a Half Years Later

Few meters away from me, I saw my teammates doing what I should have been doing right now, but here I was watching them from a distance, cursing myself and my sleeping habits. Very discreetly, I took slow steps towards my mates in an attempt to get unnoticed by our substitute evil coach. Though fate had completely other plans; my shoes and the grass underneath them had secretly conspired to make some noise and gather the attention of the bulky man standing a few feet away from me.

"Warren!" Coach Paul barked, making me stop dead in my tracks.

"Damn shoes!" I cursed under my breath and turned to face Coach Paul, who was glaring at me with those menacing black eyes which can make even an Alpha wolf back out in a major fight. I gave him my innocent, charming smile which took just a split second to change into a grimace when I looked at him taking long strides towards me. "Good morning, Coach," I greeted, in an attempt to change his mood.

"Good afternoon, Warren," he corrected me, stressing on 'afternoon'.

I looked at the sky above and sure enough, the sun was directly above my head, making me shut my eyes in reflex. "Um... yeah... noon," I managed to say as I looked back at him.

"You are late, Warren," he told me in a very stern voice.

No sh*t, Sherlock! "Yes, coach," I said, trying to make myself look guilty of committing the crime of being late for this workout session in the middle of December.

"Care to enlighten me with the reason, captain?" he asked in a very taunting voice, stressing on 'captain'.

'As if, you wouldn't want to know, if I say no,' I thought but didn't say out loud. "I stopped for a Bagel sandwich; the store was robbed and the police required everyone to stay for questioning," I answered with the most serious face known to mankind.

He looked at me skeptically and narrowed his black eyes at me. "You gave the same excuse last week, Warren! Which store is this that gets robbed every week?" he yelled, obviously catching my lie.

I heard a few sniggers of my teammates from behind me and a frown made its way on my face. "I did?" I asked. "Okay, let me think of something new then," I offered.

This made the sniggers from behind change into laughter. I turned around to look at my teammates and spotted my best friend, Adam, who could not wake me up like every morning because he was at some girl's place for the night and came directly here. He was shaking his head at me and laughing. I smirked and winked at him, which only made him laugh louder.

"Twenty rounds, Warren!" Coach yelled in my ear, making me wince and lose my hearing ability temporarily.

"Yes, Coach." I mock saluted and ran off before he could make my hearing disability permanent.

After a gruesome workout session, we started departing towards the locker room when Coach Paul called for me in his trademark yelling style, "Warren!"