Chapter 15

Chapter 15 (unedited)

We were all currently sitting at the dinning table eating, talking and laughing. We were exchanging stories of our lives and past both funny and sad. I couldn't believe how down to earth and amazing my mate was.

I had to keep reminding myself that I shouldn't get involved. It would just hurt us both in the long run......right?

'When Jake was younger we visited an old family friend. Her name was Mrs.Nelson, she just got out of hospital after having her leg removed because of a tumour. Anyway, Jake was about three at the time and decided to bring his teddy bear along. Mrs.Nelson asked him what his teddy bears name was and Jake replied after a minute 'Mrs.Nelson too!'.... to say we were all cackling like crazy people was an understatement because we all nearly forgot the teddy was missing a leg too' Amy choked with laughter.

I was laughing hard too and looked at Jake to find he was gradually turning a deep shade of scarlet.

'I just wanted to make her happy' he mumbled.

'And you did she still has that teddy son' Amy giggled. Jake perked up at that.

After dinner was finished and tidied up Amy called me. I walked to the comfy chair that she was sitting on to see a big book in her hands.

'Sit...and listen sweet pea, this is important' she ordered.

I did as I was told and sat down obediently, just like a dog I guess. Anyway......

'Okay darling...this, this is a very old and important spell book. Its the only one of its kind and has the most spells in the world in it. It was written by your very ancestor before she was married. If you practice hard and well, your magic will become stronger. It has all the small spells like how to turn lights on and off and more complicated ones like how to paralyze or blind an enemy...even cloak your scent...' she whispered.

'......Wow! Thank you I mean. It looks so small to have that many spells though'. I looked at the medium sized book in her hands. It was very old, the pages yellowing and fraying at the corners. The books corner adorned a gold half crescent moon stamp. Just the same as my birth mark.Cool.

'Oh I forgot that's just for show, you say a spell for the book to reveal its true nature....oh! What was it again oh yea!....Aperire Secreta. It means reveal your secrets' she informed me.

Amy repeated herself but this time to the book and at once it grew twice the size it was at the start of our conversation.Instead of looking old like it originally did, it now looked brand new too.

There is one set back though it is mostly written in Latin but having said that you could just use google translate then write the spells down in English in a spare book and..well.....hope for the best' she chuckled okay so not what I was expecting to hear.

I told Amy goodnight and went to my room, book in hand and finished my study and homework. I glanced at my clock to find it was only 8.10pm. Maybe its a good time to get started on translating the book.With that I translated ten pages before I felt bored of doing it.

Knock! Knock!

'Come in' I called to whoever was knocking on the door.

Jake came into the room holding a plate of cookies. Yum! I discarded the book on my bed when he reached it. I eyed the scrumptious morsels of heaven greedily waiting for him to sit down but, he just stood there awkwardly while I got hungrier by the second.

'Well don't just stand there!Sit and give me some cookies boy!'

The so called boy did as he was told and handed me the plate taking one for himself.

It was silent for a couple of minutes while we ate.I relished the treat as it danced on my taste buds. Amy really knows how to bake.

Jake sat there flicking throug the pages I had translated.When I was done he asked...

'Have you tried any yet?'

I shook my head as I swallowed the last of my cookie.'No. Not yet'.

' Would you mind doing one for me?' he asked timidly. 'This one maybe...'

I looked at the spell Jake was pointing at.'Okay, i'll try...here it goes... Sickly sweet wind that cools the night......envelope us' Nothing happened.

'Maybe if you say it in Latin and think of a happy thought' Jake suggested.

Happy thought...happy thought. The first happy thought that came to mind was at the beach one summer while my friends and I were swimming. A dolphin came and swam with us, nudging our sides playfully while clicking and making bubbles in the water. I smiled.I could feel the animals soft tender skin and the warm sun rays as they cascaded down onto us while we laughed.

Taking a deep breath I tried again....'Debiliores dulcis aura refrigerat nocte...nobis involucrum'

At first I could feel nothing but then I felt a slight breeze. It carried the scent of summer roses sweet and enticing.The breeze cooled my body snaking up and down my arms causing goose bumps to rise.

Jake and I looked at eachother and he smiled and tenderly entwined our fingers together. I could tell he could feel what I was feeling too.

I was in heaven as the wind soothed and calmed while Jakes hand caused fireworks and happiness. I could feel myself drifting off to sleep after a little while only to hear Jake whisper in my ear 'Sweet dreams princess'.

I felt warmth flood my body as he kissed my forehead and left the room. It was the first night in a while that I felt content with my dreams.

*************

Please comment and vote

Omg! the weather in ireland has been amazing the past few days B-) it was 34'c yesterday where I live in Dublin. Unfortunately for my husky though she doesn't like it haha ah well plenty of water will sort her out 0:)

oh and you guys should really check out the Irish band called KODALINE their epic!!!! and I am not just saying that because their Irish but yea they truly are amazing! :-) update soon

please vote and comment

Shannon xxx