Chapter 25

I seem to be a roll guys!

P.s look out for next chapter in The Oculus. Should be up within the next few days.

Chapter 25

I was currently with a happy meal tucked between my knees sitting beside Kat in the back of the truck. The boys shared the opposite side also clutching items of food, but of a larger size.

I was currently on cloud nine completely tossing all thoughts away of being followed only a couple of hours earlier. Kat and I had debated on whether or not to tell the boys, but decided against it when they arrived back clutching some limited addition of a game with guns and zombie apocalypse stuff. Beats me why they were so excited about shooting things with a remote control.

It was out of the question telling Amy, besides, she was so happy when we came back to the sold out cupcakes with two hours left. I was quite proud and Amy insisted on us taking orders so that I could build up my 'rep' as a 'budding baker' as she said it. I guess I never thought of taking my hobby seriously and turning it into an occupation.

We were so busy taking orders and packing up the truck the last two hours that we never got anything to eat, hence why I was stuffing Mac Donalds into my digestive system.

I kept eating barely glancing at anything other than Kat looking over her many beautiful finds. I only stopped chewing to let out the occasional 'ooh' and 'ah' of appreciation when I found anything she bought particularly pretty.

I looked up when Dan let out a big huff. 'I just don't get how girls can pine about that shit. Its just junk, I mean they have enough clothes as it is and then they complain that they have nothing to wear'.

I tense as I feel Kat slowly and carefully put her belongings back into her bag. She was too calm, too quiet.

I look at Jake and see his eyes widen as he realises that a shouting match is about to ensue and soon enough it does.

'Do you have any idea how insensitive that is and sexist?!' screams Kat loudly. I try to block the sound out with my hands but to no avail. ' I mean its not like we don't have to bleed every single month and deal with cramps and bitches. Do you have to shoot a fat baby out of the crevice between your legs at some point in your life? No! I didn't bloody well think so, so excuuuse me jerk wad for finding comfort in acquiring new possessions!'

I just stare. No words can make this situation any more amusing.

I look at Jake. Jake looks at me and Dan? Dan just gapes at Kat, mouth open wide, unable to string together a coherent sentence.

A deep blush fills Kats cheeks as she ducks her head to hide her face.

The silence grows deafening until I finally break it. 'So what did you buy Jake? Anything nice?'

He nods and comes over to me, wobbling slightly due to the movement of the vehicle. Kat quickly slides over to make room for his (sexy) ass on the bed.

I watch as he pulls his bags open and takes out some tops. I watch all the different brands of tops come out including some plain t-shirts and band shirts. They all would certainly look good on him no doubt. Hell, he'd probably make a piece of shit look good on him.

When he goes to put everything back in I notice a smaller bag, silver in colour, sitting in a larger one. He never showed me whats in it but I don't ask as he distracts me by saying, ' So lets see what you got Princess'.

Princess.

I see Kat smile smugly in the corner while Dan wiggles his eyebrows at me. A blush makes its presence known on my face and for the life of me I can't hide it.

I shake my head at Jake. 'It's a surprise for the party. You can't see until then'.

'Tomorrow then. I look forward to it', he smirks, eyes glinting boldly. Yet again I blush.

What is this boy doing to me?

> A few hours later

I finish the written assignment for my English class. Even though its not due until Monday I realise ill be too busy tomorrow with the party and then too tired the next day.

I sigh as I put my page essay on Silvia Plath into a pink binder. That woman is nuts in a unique way, hell she killed herself using an oven, doesn't get much more hardcore than that in my opinion.

When everything is neatly in my bag and ready for school tomorrow I lie on the bed. The spell book is in front of me and as I pick at the old frayed pages I come across a page I never noticed before.

Strange.

It's different to the others. It's not as old and as well as that the only writing on the page is close.

But what's close I wonder as I rub my finger over the cursive ink.

Suddenly I watch as more letters etch themselves into the next space on the page forming words.

Family.

My heart speeds up as my mind shuts down from shock. I feel like dropping the book but only manage to grip it tighter, knuckles turning white with effort.

How? How are they close?

He has them. Not too far.

My mind goes foggy without reason. I read the words struggling to comprehend their meaning when the realisation hits me. I felt the tingle of magic in my fingertips when I ran them over the words. Somehow this, asking and answering is draining me.

Magic comes at a price. My mind echoes those words loud and clear.

It's when I ask the big question I've wanted to know that it takes it's toll.

Why me?

I black out as the book writes...

...is your mate. You are not who you think you are.

That night I dream of a girl with flowing auburn hair and green eyes. Annabelle is her name. Annabelle is me?

*~*~*~*

Ooh guys what could this all mean? Anyways please comment and vote as always.

Shannon xx