chapter ten

It has been so long I wrote this chapter long long ago. I will try and update more promise on with the fic.

How many days have I been gone?" Merlin pushed

"Days?" Lancelot said, eyebrows drawing together, "Merlin, I...it's been a bit longer then a couple of days." Merlin looked confused lancelot continued ".... two months. We've been -"

"No,. . It can't have been months.." Merlin said, shaking his head. There was something not unlike panic clawing up his throat, scratching at his heart, strangling his lungs. "No, it can't have been that long. I would remember, I would - I'd -.."

he couldn't breathe.

"Merlin, you need to calm down now," Lancelot said, and then cursed. Distantly, Merlin could faintly hear him yelling for help. Merlin couldn't care less, he was too preoccupied with the fact that what had been mere seconds for him had, apparently, been two months for the rest of the world.

Two months. Two months. He had lost two months of his life.

"No, c-can't have been, must be some...some mistake," Merlin repeated over and over again. His vision was fading, bits of black rolling over everything else, "It can't - I'd know, I..."

He broke off, retching at the grass next to his head. All of the water, the little bit of bread, that Lancelot had pushed on him rose back up, until Merlin was just dry heaving, pain jolting through him each time. Someone was rubbing his back, speaking quietly, and they continued to do so until Merlin, shaking, finally stopped. Hands gripped either side of his face.

"Look at me, merlin " said Arthur, in his very best I-am-the-future-king-and-thou-shalt-obey-me voice, "Merlin, I am ordering you to look at me."

Merlin did, but he couldn't force his thoughts into any semblance of order. He still couldn't breathe, and every gasp sent stabbing pain through his ribs.

"Now breathe," Arthur said, and the prince grabbed Merlin's uninjured arm and pressed the hand against his own chest, taking deep, deliberate breathes. "Focus on my breathing, Merlin, just breathe with me. In, out...in, out..."

Merlin did, keeping his eyes locked on Arthur. Every few seconds, the words 'two months' would drift into his mind, and he'd feel himself getting pulled away again, but Arthur would just keep talking, until Merlin finally managed to get his breathing in order. Shaking and weak, Merlin finally nodded slightly at Arthur.

"There," Arthur said, "Now why don't you have a bit of a rest while I talk to Lancelot outside, hm..?"

And Merlin, little energy he'd grasped had gone, did just that. He drifted off into a deep sleep.

Sorry it has been so long. Please tell me what you think and what you think could be better thanks
Grace x