Chapter five

Sorry it has been a long time iv been busy with school stuff.

Merlin froze, his heart beating fast. This man knew him?

Apparently having taken Merlin's stillness as a good thing, the man continued to say "Yes, that's it, I've got you now, you stupid idiot, it's done, we've got you. You're going to be alright. I promise. "

The relief was enough to make Merlin let the unconsciousness take over. As it washed through him, he almost started to cry, and it was intense enough that he felt evan more ill than before. Merlin let his head fall back against the shoulder behind him. And immediately the hand pulled away from his mouth.

" Arthur? " Merlin whispered his voice sounded weak

The arm around Merlin's chest tightened ever so slightly, not enough to hurt. Arthur shushed him. " Of course it's me, who else would it be? Honestly, Merlin. "

"What-t happened? " Merlin asked confused "my head .. I.. I can't think straight it's pounding. "

"Not now, later, I promise, " Arthur said, still whispering. " Are you injured? You're shaking. "

" I... I don't know. ." Merlin awnsered and tried to steady his breathing, but it didn't work, and only caused his chest to explode with a sharp stabbing pain, he whimpered unable to finish his sentence.

" That's enough of an answer, I think. " Arthur said, despite the situation ,Merlin felt the smallest flicker of a smile come across his face, gone as soon as it came. " We should wait a bit, make sure they aren't coming back. "

Merlin nodded.