Chapter 6

I opened the letter. Wonder what it could be?
It was a picture and a long note. The picture was of My Mom, him, and myself when I was super little we were at some park thing. I looked all happy while my Dad was pushing me on the swing set, and my Mom was in the background smiling with her beautiful smile. Damn I miss my Mom. Well after I observed the picture I read the note and it said.
Dear Hailey,
I know you probably hate me for all I did, But quite honestly I hate myself for it too. I should've been the caring father that was always there and never made you sad before your Mother died. But quite recently I've came to my senses and got some help. When I found this picture I thought since your Mother died all I thought about was myself and never cared about what you were doing. So this picture helped me change. I've found someone who helps me, her name is Lori. She's absolutely beautiful. She has a son that's around your age too. His name is Pj. He's a great kid. He's smart, creative, and very handsome. I know you probably hate me and I don't blame you, I was a major asshole. But, I want you to know you can always come down here and visit I would love for you to meet Lori. And since I don't have your phone number, I asked your old friend Kassie for your new address. I hope you have a great life.
Sincerely,
Dad.
BULLSHIT. I was so mad, I stomped around my room and crumbled up the stupid note from that asshole. The reason I came here is to get away from that dick. How dare he think he can walk right in and think 'oh I got help, everything can be sunshine and rainbows' no. Does he even think about the shit that he put me through while I lived with him? All I wanted to do was talk to Dan. But he probably wouldn't care. Damn ugh way did Kassie had to tell his sorry ass. I sat down on the couch and looked at the old photo and started to cry. I just sat there with hot tears streaming down my face. Why did this have to happen? I was doing good not having a slight of communication from him. He was like saying it that is was my Moms fault why he started doing all this shit. No she died. She didn't do anything. It was all his sorry ass. So I decided to text Dan.
"Hey can we talk about something? I really have no one else to talk to."
And I hit send.
And within a few minutes he replied.
"I'll be right over, I'm bring Chinese Take out if you don't mind."
I smiled at his response. He's such a great friend even though I literally just met him a couple days ago.
Maybe I'm being selfish about this whole thing. Maybe he had changed, but there's also a possibility that's he just bullshitting me. Ugh, damn I don't know what to do.
"Knock knock I'm here with Chinese" Dan said outside the door.
I opened the door, with Dan standing there holding two take out bags.
I smiled. "What do you want to talk about?" Dan said while sitting down.
I told him everything. My Dad, My Ex- Boyfriend, and My Mom. Basically everything. I can't believe I opened up to him like this.
After I spilled everything, he just stood up and hugged me. He was warm, and his black jumper was nice and soft. He smelled quite nice too. Okay Hailey calm down you can stop being creepy. I thought to myself. When he let go he just had a smile on his face. His cute little smile. "I think you should have some more breathing time from him, and then if you're ready, or when you feel like you need to go visit him. We'll go, Together." Dan said with a smile on his face.
"Really you would do that for me? Even though We haven't known each other for that long." I asked.
"Time doesn't really matter, it's connection. It doesn't matter how long you've been friends to help each other. Sorry I'm kind of terrible at... Talking" Dan laughed
I smiled at how awkward he was. It was cute. I probably looked like a smiling idiot right now but I don't care. The Chinese food still wasn't touched, And both of us were getting pretty hungry so we both our orange chicken. Which I never had before until now and it actually pretty good. I imagined it would taste like straight up orange juice and chicken. But no it wasn't like that thank god. Then Dan broke my weird daze thing by saying "Hey Hailey can I tell you something important?"
---
Ooo new update ^-^ I hope you like it ❤️ and don't forget to vote and comment❤️ and new updates coming soon