Nancy

DISCLAIMER: I'm not Rick Riordan, and I don't own any of his AWESOME stuff

Nancy P.O.V

YO! Nancy here. I have red hair, and some people used to call me "kleptomaniac girl". When I was younger, in like, 6th and 7th grade, My family used to be rich. Until 10th grade.

My mom and dad got into a car crash. My dad didn't make it out, but my mom did. My dad was the one who made all the money. He owned a whole computer company, but when he died, the business shut down. We had a decent amount of money, and if my mom started working, then we would have enough money. But my mother was shattered after he died. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get he to get back on her feet. Our money supply kept getting lower. Partly cuz my mom wasn't working, but also, because my mom kept spending the money on drugs and alcohol.

We were broke. We had to move from our penthouse, to a really small apartment. So small, it was more like a room. Things got so bad, that I tried to rob a store to get some money, and food for us. I was arrested, obviously. And to make matters worse, in 11th grade, my mom got sick from all the drugs, and smoking. So I had to stay home from school for a few months to take care of her.

By December that year, my mom had recovered, but we still were low on money. I tried to get a job, but most people wouldn't accept me because of my stealing record. But I FINALLY got a job a few months later.

It didn't pay much. But it helped. I mean, it was McDonalds, what did you expect? I tried to act like things were okay, but the truth was I was angry. At my mom for not being there, and my dad for dying. And I took it out on the kids at school. I was horrible to them, even I admit it, but I needed to take my anger out on something. But that isn't much of a change. I've been a bully since middle school, at Yancy Academy. On this guy named Percy Jackson, and his best friend, Grover Underwood. I thought I would never see that scrawny guy percy again. I was wrong.

I was walking to work at McDonalds one day, crossing the street with a bunch of other people. I was deep in thought. Thinking about how bad my life was, I wasn't paying attention, and a car came towards me at an alarming speed. It was about to hit. I closed my eyes, bracing for impact, but nothing happened. Someone pulled me out of the way.

I looked to my savior, and I gasped. This guy was HOT. he had messy raven black hair, and bright sea green eyes. He was tall, tan, and lean, well muscled, and basically the best guy a girl could ask her. He was wearing jeans and an orange shirt. He looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then a girl came running towards us. She, like the boy was tan, and lean. She wrapped her arms around the guy.

"Percy where..." she saw me next to him. "Who is this?" His name was Percy? I knew a guy named Percy before, but that couldn't be him.

"She was about to be hit by a car Annie, so I pulled her out of the way." Percy explained.

"Of course. That's my Percy." she pushed him playfully. "I gotta go to um... contact our counselor. I'll meet you at camp. Ok?" she asked.

"k Wise Girl." he said pecking her on the cheek. "See you later." The girl, Annie? ran off. Percy then turned to me, concern showing in his eyes. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine" I replied. "Just a little shaken up."

"Good. Whats your name?"

"Nancy Bobofit." I replied, standing up straighter. His sea green eyes widened.

"Nancy Bobofit?" he asked

"Nancy Bobofit" I confirmed. Oh crap. He is that Percy. The little brat I picked on in 6th grade. Bullied him for being dyslexic and poor. And here I was. Behind in education, for missing so much school, and having to work at McDonalds to stay alive. I was so upset. The guy I bullied all that time ago, was my hero. He had a girlfriend, and a caring family. When I picked on him, he was low on money, but he made the best of it. By being kind to others and spending time with his family.

I feel so horrible about that, and the way everything turned out, In my life. I start to cry.

"Hey it's ok." He assures me. That's not right. After what I put him through, he should just leave me here to rot.

"No it's not. I was horrible to you. My life is so screwed and..." I don't continue. It's too painful.

"How bout we talk about this over lunch. We can get reacquainted." He smiles.

"But I have my shift at work."

"Where?"

"McDonald's" he smirks. "I know someone there."

---------at McDonald's--------

"Hi Rachel." Percy greets.

"Hey."

"Can u get this one out of work today?" He says gesturing to me.

"Sure, why not."

********

We were going to go to some random place for lunch.

"So, what's been going on in your life since 6th grade?" He asks.

"Well, my dad died, my mom became a drug addict, and now we can barely afford to put meals on the table." I tell him the whole story. He's a good listener. Though at one point he starts tapping his feet and hands. Then I remember he is ADHD.

"I'm really sorry Nancy." He says. "I know you've gone through some hard times, and so have I. What I've learned is that you have to make the best out of these situations. And learn to cope with it. You need strong people you can trust in your life, to help you get through it, and you can't take your anger out on everyone. Just cuz you are hurt doesn't mean that the people around you have to be."

We talk the rest of lunch. I don't know why I ever picked on him. He could've been a great friend by my side all these years. Then I bring something up that I haven't thought of in a long time. "Percy, on that field trip we took to that museum, you got mad, and the water pulled me into the fountain. WhAt was that about?"

"Nancy can I trust you with a secret?" With that he tells me everything. His adventures, his heritage, everything.

After that lunch, I never picked on anyone ever again. I made some friends who would stick by my side no matter what. My mom took therapy, and started working again, I started taking karate. It was a good way to unleash all the anger inside of me and use it for good.

Now, I don't think of Percy as a scrawny wimp, loser, or stupid, but as my hero. My life would still be a mess if not for him.

~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~~~

And that's a wrap!

Stay cool Demigods,

- Shark