Gifted: Chapter Six

She knew he was watching her. She didn’t care, it’s not like she did anything. She was barely even angry at him for being with Ailuj. It’s not like they were soul mates and even if they were, they aren’t yet and she wouldn’t have full control over him anyways. It wasn’t like that.

   As she sat in front of Airama who’d grasped her hands again, which were shaking slightly, she thought about her own transformation. What would it truly be like? She was excited. Only two months time and she’d be with Airama.

   The sun was just about to creep over the side when Airama jolted away, her hands wrapping tighter around Ithabita’s. They grew hotter until Ithabita had to force herself to keep holding on. Then visions started to swirl around her mind. They were speeding images that she could barely hold onto, clips that as soon as they came went away.

   Airama’s gripped tightened even more, her nails dug into Ithabita’s skin and her hands were burning into Ithabita’s. As if melding together and more clips came, faster and faster. Ithabita opened her eyes to try and escape, but as she did the images worsened and the world swung around making her dizzy. She closed her eyes and Airama gasped and fell over, pulling Ithabita down beside her.

   Then everything went silent and calm. Ithabita took this time to open her eyes and look at her hands. They were pale and blood was running down them, there were also burns all around in the shape of Airama’s hands.

   Then Airama’s hands lit up, silvery blue light shining away from it. Ithabita’s hands were suddenly cool and felt smooth like soft butter. Her burns and cuts rapidly disappearing.

   “Let go of her hands now,” Amseul ordered softly. Ithabita pulled herself away. “It’s alright. She’s still tied to this world, if she wasn’t her power wouldn’t have worked whether she knew it had or not.”

   “She’s a healer then?” Ithabita asked.

   “Like it wasn’t already obvious. Helping heal and never wanting to hurt any living thing,” Amseul stated smiling. “But for now, we’ll have to get her to her hut and let her have some peace and quiet for the rest of the day. She won’t wake up until tomorrow, when her body recovers from the change.”

   “Okay,” Ithabita smiled weakly. So Airama had healing as her power, which meant healing was added to the list of powers Ithabita wasn’t going to have. So far there was premonitions, telepathy, telekinesis, controlling emotions, hallucinations, plants, force fields, persuasion, teleportation, super strength, control of earth, shape shifting and healing that were taken. She was so curious of what her powers were going to be and extremely excited.

She slipped away as soon as she thought was necessary away from the confusion where she could let her own thoughts roam. It was something she was good at.