Gifted: Chapter Four

They came back late in the afternoon with their catches and Airama ran up to them, happily.

   “Hey,” she smiled and looked at Ithabita.

   “Hey,” Seyca said back and looked at Ithabita too.

   She looked at the two of them. “What?”

   “You need to come with me,” Airama told her. “We have to go to the council and go over some of the rules, preparation and stuff like that.”

   “Oh?” Ithabita questioned. “Why now?”

   Airama laughed. “I’ll be eighteen tomorrow morning, right at dawn. We need to be ready before then. There’s apparently a lot to go through.”

   Seyca gave a weak smile. “How much?” she questioned her eyebrows raised.

  ***

Ithabita blinked again and looked towards the window, but a quick rap on the knee from Airama she turned around and tried to focus.

   It had already been two hours. They’d only just finished the rules of the process. No sharing blah, blah, blah, no pushing for the information blah, blah, blah and your time will soon come so best pay attention both times to be extra ready. Yawn. She’d been told all this before. Tons of times. Did she really need to go through it more?

   She looked over Blithazee’s head and smiled, Seyca was at the window watching her. Her gave her a quick wave before Ailuj pulled him away. She was tiny and perfect looking. She had long, perfectly straight, blonde hair, big, brown eyes, and a wonderfully shaped face. She wore a tight spaghetti strapped, forest green top that had a black corset over just like Ithabita’s. She wore pants like Ithabita too and her gun, knife, hair and boots were exactly the same.

   Just as Ailuj pulled him away she smiled sweetly and dragged his perfectly muscled body with her perfectly curved one. Ithabita’s heart sank. As if that little we –

   “Ithabita are you still with us?” Amseul asked. She jumped, startled and looked at him.

   “Of course I am,” she lied.

   “Then you can explain to us what we just reviewed.”

   She groaned and quickly glanced at the window. Why? She moaned.