Neville's Backstory

All his life, he had been pushed down and belittled. He was mocked and constantly compared to his father by his grandmother. Of course, it was all under Dumbledore's orders. He was the backup, in case something went wrong with the first model.

But Neville had two secrets. Ones his grandmother didn't even know about. The first was that the image he portrayed to the world was just a mask. One no one but Harry had ever seen through. The second was that he was due an inheritance, a very big inheritance from his mother's side.

~

What very few people knew was that Alice Longbottom was actually Schöne Seele, the Forest Elf princess and next in line to the throne. She had been sent to Hogwarts to understand human culture but on the way back to her home, her entourage had been attacked and she had been obliviated and forced to marry Frank Longbottom, the boy who constantly wanted her, and when he realized he couldn't have her, he bullied her instead.

No one except the goblins had known that she was an Elf and had a mater, so they hadn't taken the necessary precautions needed in order to make sure that the Obliviates stuck. Because all Elves had a destined mate that would complete their soul, so any charm or spell that would block or stop an elf from finding their match was negated by Magick herself. Sadly though, it took time to undo all the charms and Obliviates done to her. By the time that she got all her memories back, she and Frank were already married and she was already pregnant with her precious baby boy, the heir in line to the throne should something happen to her.

So she stayed. She kept her silence and played the good housewife, all the while writing down everything that had happened.

Since elves were very in tune with nature, nature usually helped war them when something was going to happen. She got that warning two months before the Lestranges attacked them. She took precautions to make sure her baby boy would be safe. Writing in her journal about what to expect from the inheritance and how to get in contact with the Elves if they weren't drawn by the inheritance magic. Setting aside vaults and other important equipment that she had stolen back from Dumbledore and the Longbottoms as well as writing up a proper birth certificate for her son, the future leader of the Forest Elves. He was forever going to be known as Schöne Hjärta to his subjects.

She knew her time was close to up when she heard that the Potter's had been attacked, and hadn't that been a surprise after knowing that James had wanted nothing to do with Lily and was already interested in the same sex. Plus Lily had been a bitch all seven years they were stuck together, thinking she was privileged just because she was smart. Even her childhood friend Severus had dropped her once he had gotten over that stupid crush and seen how she really was.

She snuck away from Frank one night while he was out sleeping with one of his "conquests", and made it to Gringotts where she finished up her plans and made it so that Neville would get all this information about who he truly was a month before his inheritance so that he could prepare and made it so that only he could read it unless another got permission from him.

Thankfully it didn't take long with the goblins, so she was able to set up and perform an ancient elvish ritual so that, instead of dying or being mortally wounded, she was able to tie her life force to her son's so that when he was put into life-threatening danger she would be able to wake up and help him.

~

Now though, Neville was currently walking into a secret forest that the goblins had set up for him for his inheritance. He had just snuck out the house during one of the many times that his grandmother had tried to send him to his room with no bed after another rant about how weak and worthless he was.

Rolling his eyes at the thought, he proceeded to the clearing that the goblins had set up for him. It was layered with privacy charm that would prevent Dumbledore or Augusta from finding him as well as charms that helped minimize damage without actually interfering with the inheritance itself.

Smiling to himself, he sat down and thought about the surprise that he and the goblins had set up for Dumbledore and Augusta while he waited for the inheritance to start.

He and the goblins had made it so that the moment he turned seventeen, everything Dumbledore and Augusta had tried to keep from him would be given back, with interest. That included all the money Augusta had given Dumbledore assuming she could as she had placed herself as Regent Longbottom. Unfortunately for her, since she was a) not an actual Longbottom since she was married into the family, and b) since she wasn't an actual Longbottom, the actual Lord or Heir Longbottom had to approve of them. Neville definitely hadn't approved of her and Alice had successfully managed to keep Frank from approving her.

Between Neville and Harry, Dumbledore was beyond broke from all the money he owed them back and that wasn't even including interest.

~

Neville was jolted out of his thoughts by a sharp pain jolting down his back. It felt like someone had taken a burning poker and managed to shove it down his spine. It happened again and again before his whole body felt as if it had been dumped into a vat of lava. The forest was filled with the sounds of his screams as his body contorted in ways it probably shouldn't.

His screams flooded and rebounded throughout the forest as the inheritance magic started to snap bones within his body in order to allow for the growth needed for his transformation into a full-fledged Elf.

His hair lengthened and blonde and blue streaks were magically added to his hair. The streaks a sign of his inheritance and the blue a sign of him being a part of the royal family. His ears lengthened as well, tapering to a point. His pupils, though not seen at the moment because his eyes were clenched together, had become cat like in appearance as well as brightened.

His magic swirled and pulsed around him as it finished off the inheritance and started to seek out his mate.

~

Somewhere in Wiltshire, a boy's eyes snapped open. His mate had finally gone through his inheritance and was searching for him. He smiled with anticipation as he sat wondering exactly who his mate would be.

~

Somewhere else, an elderly king stopped mid-sentence. A child of the Forest had just gone through his inheritance. Wondering who, because there were no children that he knew of that should have been born, he checked the royal tapestry. Then he checked again. His precious girl had had a son. A son with someone who was not her mate.

What was going on?

He had been led to assume that his baby girl had died in that ambush. He had grieved for years for his lost child. Standing abruptly, he went and sent his most loyal guards to find his lost grandchild.

AN: Hey everyone!!! This is my December update so Merry Christmas everyone, or belated Happy Hanukkah if that's what you celebrate. This chapter and next chapter will most likely be filler chapters. Those that won my little contest gave me some great ideas that I'm going to try to set up now. VanishingKat this one's yours, like what I've done with your idea. EvangelingRose2412, expect the next one to be mostly yours. Kigen Dawn, I'm working on yours as well. For those who follow both of my stories, I'm sorry to say that I may not be able to update Enough is Enough before December is up. I'm leaving the country tomorrow and I'm not able to bring my laptop. Hopefully I might be able to update through my phone but we'll see. Anyways.... Hope you enjoyed the chapter!! See you!!