Chapter 9

I again apologize for the long waits or the next update, but it's finally here...yay!

Will's POV (weren't expecting that huh):

I rub my face and walk over to my "patient". This Hespestus kid came into my cabin in the middle of the night, complaining about some aching pain on his side.

It's nearly noon now, and he hasn't shut his mouth the entire time.

I've checked him out and did a little Apollo healing magic on him, nothing worked.

"It hurts." The kid moans as I look through the infirmary for anything else to get him to shut up.

"Hey." I don't know what else to tell him than what I've already repeated multiple times. "I can't give you any ambrosia. I already gave you a bite and you almost threw up on me."

"Freaking Carly." The boy mutters.

"Who? What?" I ask irritated, as I continue going through the medicines.

"Stupid Carly." He explains. "My sister. I was making fun of her and she shot me in the waist with some weird looking mechanism she was working on."

I stop moving and turn to glare at him. "You mean to tell me, another one of you Hespestus kids built something dangerous, hurt you with it because you were teasing her, and now you come to me to fix your problem?"

The boy shrugs and winces, grabbing his hip.

I grab his arm and start pushing him out of the infirmary. "Out."

"Hey, hey! Your an Apollo kid. You have to help m-"

I shove him out and he glares at me, I glare right back. This guy stepped all over my nerves.

"Look buster, just because I can heal you doesn't mean I will. I don't have to do anything. Go whine to Carly, you're not my problem..."

I trail off as something entering the border comes to my attention.

The boy ignores me and walks to the Hespestus cabin yelling for Carly.

I study the figure. The freaking sun is in my face I can't see what it is. Really dad? I don't need you in my face 24/7.

I stealthily rush back inside and grab my arrow, and aim at the figure walking toward the infirmary.

I aim right next to the things ear, and taking a deep breath I fire.

The creature yelps and I lock another arrow in my bow.

The person puts his hands straight in the air and the sun disappears behind a cloud. I see who it is.

I'd rather it be a monster. But its none other than the almighty Percy Jackson.

"Will stop! It's me!" Percy shouts and I vaguely notice the other people with him.

I release another arrow, this time closer to the targets head.

Percy ducks and yelps again. "Will!"

I sigh and lower my bow. I step out of the infirmary and glare at Percy, making him stop moving.

"Will?" He asks uncertain.

I stomp over to him and lock another arrow. "Where. The hell have you been, Percy?"

He raises his arms in surrender. "I'm sorry, I had to get away from all-"

I'm a few feet away from him how and I stop walking, and aim the arrow at his head. "Give me one, one good reason why I shouldn't let this arrow fly right now." I say stubbornly.

Percy sighs and looks defeated. "I don't have one. I don't have any reason, Will."

I lower to bow, but continue to glare at him. "You think your all along in this don't you."

I get closer to him angry. And my voice lowers to a whisper. "You think that it's all your fault that Gaea murdered our friends. You think your to blame. That it's no one else's fault."

He shakes his head. "Will, it was-"

"Shut up!" I yell. "Just shut up Percy. Don't give me all that. All that 'I had to get away for a while. To get fresh air' nonsense. We both know why you left and never came back. Your afraid Percy. Afraid you'll make another mistake. Afraid that mistake will cost someone's life."

Percy looks taken aback, and stutters with a reply. "H-how'd you kn-"

"Because that's how I felt Percy." I look straight into his eyes, even though he refuses to make eye contact.

"That's how I felt every time I lied to a kid's face saying he would survive the night. Every time a sibling screamed at me and tried to hurt me because his sister died while I tried to help her. Every time I saw the life go out of someone's eyes, someone younger than me, who had their life ahead of them."

Percy opens his mouth and I lose it. "Didn't I tell you to shut up."

I shove him back and he doesn't refuse. "Your not different Percy. You don't know what the rest of us have been through without you."

I drown my bow and punch him square in the jaw.

He grabs his cheek, now glaring at me. I see the fury in his eyes and it gets me madder.

"Oh you're mad now? Now your mad?"

Percy shoves me back and I stumble with a slap in return, which he responds with a punch in the chest.

I fall back and Percy pins me down.

Trying to push him off, I attempt to roll over, but he stops me. "Stop this Will, what's the matter with you-"

"With me! What's the matter with you. Admit it. You left because your afraid. Admit it Percy, say it-"

"I was scared all right!" He shouts at me close to tears. Both of us are close to tears. "I didn't want more blood on my hands."

I shake my head sadly. "Have you ever thought about how much blood there is on my hands? Literally and metaphorically. Both. I've seen hundreds, probably thousands of deaths. So...so much death."

I sigh and shrug Percy off, leaning up on one arm. "Do you think Annabeth would want you to run away from your problems?"

Percys eyes harden at the mention of her name. "Don't talk about her. You don't know how it is-"

I give a small unhappy laugh. "How blind are you Percy. I know exactly how it is. Nico?" I swallow the lump in my throat. "What about Nico? You forget about him too?"

Remembrance seeps into Percy's expression and I give him a small smile.

I stand up and brush myself off and offer and hand to help him up.

"I'm sure not everyone at camp understands what you're going through, Percy. But don't think for a second I'm one of those people." I inform in, with a strong look in my eyes.

Percy nods and takes my hand. "Thank y-"

"Don't mention it." I shrug him off. "I'm a therapist to some of the camps, so don't hesitate if you want some one to talk to. I'm your friend Percy, I'm on your side."

He nods again grateful and I give him a smile and punch him friendly on the shoulder.

Then I direct my attention to the strangers, finally accepting their presence.

"Now. Who are you and why should I not kill you?" I say learning to always start conversations that way. Straight to the point.

Percy laughs and I smile. Its always nice to have old friends around.