Chapter 7

Percys POV:
(Back to Percys viewpoint)

My head snaps up to Bruce and I stand as I see some guy with a hammer.

And a cape. Like, who does that?

What are they thinking? 'I wonder what I shall wear for this glorious morning. A flowing red cape? That would be delightful!'

I quickly wipe my face as Bruce introduces this dude named Thor to me.

"Hi." I say putting my hand out carefully, as if he's going to smash my head in with his giant metal hammer.

"I'm Percy."

This Thor guy is also big. Very big. Not like, overweight big. Like very tall, muscular, and kinda intimidating.

Thor looks me over and glances at Bruce.

Then he sticks his hand out and meets my own. "Pleasure to meet you."

He had a strong, confident grip. "Um, yeah you too." I reply.

"So..." Thor says, studying me. "Bruce, here tells me your a demigod."

"Yeah." I say regretfully. "What's it to you?"

Thor glances one last time before saying to me. "How much do you know about the gods?"

"A lot." I confess. "I would know a lot more if I was able to pay attention. I like to blame that on the ADHD though."

Thor looks at me, slightly confused. "Okay, do you know who your godly parent is?"

I stare at him. I feel like I'm missing something.

After a few moments I say. "Poseidon."

He opens his mouth. Then closes it. Then opens his mouth to say something, then closes it again.

Make. Up. Your. Mind.

Thor turns to Bruce, confused.

"You know?" I say, informing him. "Greek mythology. Greek and Roman gods. Goddess. Demigods. Any of this ringing a bell?"

He turns to Bruce and says.

"This isn't Norse gods. This boy is talking about Greeks."

I wait for my brain to process his words.

"Wha-Norse?"

"Yes." Thor turns toward me. "Norse mythology. Goddess. Demigods. Any of thus ringing a bell?"

I give out a short laugh. "Touchè. And no. Not at all. There's Norse gods? What's a norse? What does that mean?"

He guy raises his eyebrows at me. "I didn't know about these Greek and Roman gods. Your a child of them?"

"Uh, yeah-"

Just then the eyepatch dude walks in.

I look at him in surprise. "Hey! Long time no s-"

"What's this about a demigod?" He says looking at Steve for an answer.

Steve sighs and gestures to me.

"Fury...Percy is a son of Poseidon. I guess there are Greek and Roman gods as well."

Fury looks at me and says. "Take him to the ship. I have to talk to the council about this. About what we're going to do with him."

Now, this is when I should be scared. When I feel my blood turn cold. When I fear if they're going to do tests or experiments on me.

But heck. I'm Percy Jackson, people! I don't go down without a fight!...assuming these people are skilled enough to fight me.