27 - I Miss You

It was Sunday. On Saturday no Novak's saw a Winchester. Cas refused to leave his room, Gabriel was out buying stuff. Today Gabriel was breaking into the school and Sam's locker. More pranks.

Cas looked up at the ceiling, sighing. His last conversation with Dean was still ringing through his head. Dean had cheated. Sure he had been confused and mislead, and he felt horrible, but he had still cheated.

"Cassie?" Balthazar said, opening the door slowly. "Come on. You can't keep this up forever."

"Why not?" Cas asked.

"It's not healthy," Balthazar said, walking over and sitting on the bed beside Cas. "Besides, you need to fix this thing with Dean."

"You have no idea what's going on," Cas muttered.

"No," Balthazar said. "I don't. But I know this. You and Dean are soulmates. You're meant to be together, and one little mistake on his part isn't going to change that. You guys can fight through whatever happened."

"How can I trust him again?" Cas asked. "He broke my trust."

"It'll come back with time," Balthazar said. "But it won't if you keep locking yourself up in here. You need to try Cassie, or nothing's going to get better."

Cas sighed and closed his eyes. Balthazar was right, but that didn't mean it wasn't hard.

"Fine," Cas said. "I'll talk to him tomorrow."

Balthazar smiled. "Good. Now, Anna is watching the Titanic, so I'm going to hightail it outa here. Wanna come?"

Cas laughed. "Sure."

~~

Sam walked into the school, heading to his locker that was still covered in paper. He was tempted to see what was under the paper, but knew it would ruin Gabriel's plan. And he wanted so much for Gabriel's plan to work.

As he opened his locker, a mountain of ping pong balls fell out, making him jump back in shock. People around him stopped to look, some confused at seeing the same prank as a few weeks ago.

Sam looked around the hallway and saw Gabriel leaning up against a locker, watching him carefully and smiling slightly. Sam looked around at the ping pong balls, noticing a note.

'You broke into the school to set this up. By the way, take a ping pong ball. You'll need it.'

Sam picked up a ping pong ball and put it in his bag, confused. Then remembered...he had heard about the war when he picked Dean up from the party, and planned a large amount of pranks for Gabriel on the Monday. The first being to fill his locker with ping pong balls. The next...a muffin?

The day went smoothly, the first two periods going past with Gabriel ignoring Sam completely as usual. At recess however, Gabriel walked over to Sam.

"Gabriel I—" Sam said, but Gabriel shook his head, silencing him. He held something out to Sam, a muffin with a note on it.

Sam took it, and Gabriel began to walk away. "Gabriel it's working...just so you know..." Sam said quietly. Gabe stopped for a moment and looked back at him, already looking much happier than before.

Sam looked down at the muffin, remembering switching out the cocoa for cinnamon. He remembered watching Gabriel from a distance as he gave the muffins to his family and watched their reactions. Sam smirked slightly and went in search of Dean.

As he did, he read the note on the muffin. 'I think a sibling deserves this. Also, be late to your next class.'

"One step ahead of you Gabe," Sam said quietly, walking over to Cas and Charlie...where Dean wasn't? "Hey guys, where's Dean?"