9 - From Notes to an Introduction

Over the rest of the weekend, Gabriel had avoided being at home for as much as possible. Sam kept constantly appearing, being obviously angry at Gabriel. Maybe he'd figured out that the dye didn't just wash out.

There was no way Gabriel would be able to avoid Sam on Monday, what with school. But that would ruin there silent war thing. Then it would just be a normal war. Which of course is what the fandom wants, but Gabriel can't see through the fourth wall.

Gabriel was in the car with Castiel (the siblings had more than one car), thinking about how he was going to avoid Sam. Cas however looked distracted.

"Cas you're driving, stop looking distracted," Gabe said.

"What? I'm not distracted."

"Thinking about Deano?" Castiel bit his lip and that was enough of an answer for Gabe, who smirked. "What happened?"

"Nothing," Castiel said. "Really. We just watched a movie and then watched the rest of Sherlock. That had a cliffhanger ending..."

"Oh, ouch," Gabriel said, remembering when he had watched that. "At least you only have to wait a year."

"For three episodes," Castiel muttered. They pulled up to the school and Castiel parked, but neither got out of the car. "Are you avoiding Sam?"

"Pft no," Gabriel said. Castiel just bitch faced him. "Nah Sam has a much better bitch face." Castiel rolled his eyes. "Also, you're avoiding Dean aren't you?"

"No, just not going out of my way to talk to him," Castiel said.

"He's never going to want you like that," Gabriel protested. "He doesn't even know you're his soulmate."

"Maybe we should keep it like that," Castiel said. "He doesn't want a soulmate."

"And yet he thought Lisa was his soulmate and went out with her straight away."

"But she's a girl."

There was silence for a moment.

"So that's what this is about," Gabriel said. "You think Dean Winchester is straight."

"He is," Cas said quietly.

"I may not know much about the Winchesters but I know that Dean is sure as hell gay, or at least bi."

"You're just saying that to make me feel better."

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not," Gabriel said, shrugging. "The question is, are you going to believe me?" With that Gabe opened the car door, leaving Cas to think about what he had just said.

Then he remembered he was supposed to be avoiding Sam.

Gabriel quickly thought of his options. Sam would probably wait at places he normally goes. So if he could get to his locker before Sam got to school and went to his classes late, it might work.

Gabriel looked at the carpark and saw no black Impala. Then he ran inside, straight to his locker. He quickly grabbed all his books, ripping a page out of one of his books and wrote on it. He then went to Sam's locker and stuck it on there. He stopped to look at Sam's locker, now being able to see the bright pink he had painted on there.

He had been pondering this all of yesterday. Seeing colours meant you had met your soulmate. It was a sudden thing, usually happening the moment you introduced yourself to them. It never happened slowly. It never faded in. So what was wrong with Gabriel?

He sighed as he traced over the black edges of the flowers. He hadn't met anyone. And no one else seemed to be having this problem. But the colours were only getting stronger as the days went on. On Saturday he had only seen a trace of the pink in Sam's hair and now the identical pink on his locker was almost impossible to miss.