20 - Suspicious

"Look Cas, I understand if you don't want to tell Dean, but he's going to get suspicious," Meg said.

"I know," Cas said sadly. "But I don't want him worry about me. If he knew why I was doing this, he'd probably go start a fight with Azazel and that would only get him hurt."

"Are you really willing to risk your relationship with Dean?"

"If it'll keep him from getting hurt then yes."

Meg sighed and continued explaining various ways to protect ones self from bullies.

~~

Dean sighed and looked up at the ceiling of his house. It was after school on Monday and Cas had disappeared again, claiming to have work to do. Dean didn't believe him though, he could tell Cas was lying. But why would he lie to me?

Maybe he doesn't like you anymore.

He's my soulmate. He kinda has to.

Remember like a week ago when I was convincing you of just that?

Yeah and now I believe it. So why's he doing this?

Maybe you're overreacting.

Am I not allowed to worry about him?

You are...but sometimes you worry too much. It can make him feel weak.

Yeah but...

Shut up and stop worrying. I liked it better when you weren't gay, you were much more fun to mess with then.

Dude why am I talking to you, you're a brain.

Yep. And I'm a freaking awesome brain.

Dean sighed again and rolled over off the edge of his bed, standing up lazily. He walked around the house to find Gabe and Sam lazily watching tv. It would appear that it was a lazy day.

"Hey Gabe," Dean said. "Has Cas been acting weird lately?"

"Nope," Gabe said, not even bothering to look up at Dean. "He's been normal. I think. I dunno, I've been hanging around Moose too often."

Dean sighed again and Sam looked over at him. "Why do you ask Dean?"

"He's been disappearing a lot and lying about where he's going," Dean replied. "He's also been talking to Meg a lot."

Sabriel went quiet and glanced at each other. "Don't worry Dean," Sam said. "I'm sure it's fine."

"Although we all know what this looks like," Gabe said and Sam shot a glare at him. "What, I'm just pointing out what we're all thinking."

Sam sighed and gave Dean a sympathetic look. "Go talk to Charlie, she'll figure this out pretty fast. Wouldn't let anything destroy her ship."

Dean nodded and grabbed his phone, shooting Charlie a quick text. Literally moments later she burst into the house.

"Sup bitches?" she said as she walked into the room. "Dean, what's wrong?"

"Cas is acting strange..." Dean said and Charlie nodded, already forming a plan to find out what was going on.

~~

Sam and Gabe were in art class on Tuesday, because art actually has a reason now, although the reason is unknown to the readers.

They were supposed to be finishing their canvas painting, which Sam had pretty much already finished. Gabe meanwhile had just started, but he had a cool idea.