10 - The Beginning of Relationships

"Oh come on Sam, be a little fun," Gabriel said. Sam glared at him.

"I have pink hair," he said slowly.

"And how many people can actually see it?"

"That's not the point." Gabriel looked at Sam questioningly. "Look can you please just give me the soap to get it out?"

Gabriel sighed. "Fine."

Sam didn't mention that it was becoming a reminder that he could see colours, which just made him more confused and a bit irritated.

"Come over after school, it's stashed somewhere in my room."

Sam nodded and they went back to art class. Yet again, working on the canvas. That Gabriel had no ideas for. Sam could see out of the corner of his eye Gabriel just staring down at a blank page in his sketchbook.

"Hey Gabriel can I borrow a pencil?" Sam said suddenly.

"What? Yeah sure." He passed his pencil to Sam.

Sam set up his prank quickly, having done it many times to Dean. He passed it back to Gabriel, who took it without even looking up. And then froze when he couldn't let go of it. He looked down at the pencil and then up at Sam.

"You...seriously?"

Sam smirked and went back to his drawing, with his own pencil. Gabriel just kept looking between him and the pencil in shock. Now that Gabriel looked at it he could see the superglue on it.

Suddenly Gabe got marker out and wrote something in his sketchbook. Sam ignored it, thinking he probably just finally got an idea for their art assignment. And then he became too caught up in sketching that he noticed Gabriel go and get sticky tape.

At the end of the class Gabriel stood up quickly, patting Sam on the back in a friendly sort of way. "See you later." And then he was gone.

Sam packed up his stuff, looking down at the finished sketch. He did have a lot of ideas for the project, but had decided on the picture of golden wings. No idea why though. He just liked the colour gold.

As Sam walked through the halls, he heard people snickering and whispering around him. He looked at them and saw them all avoid his glance.

Eventually he got to where Dean was waiting. Castiel was standing with Dean and they were talking. When Sam walked up to them Cas gave him a look of confusion.

"Sam you appear to have a piece of paper attached to your back," he said.

Sam reached around to find that Castiel was right, there was a sheet of paper attached to his back. He pulled it off and read it. 'Do not touch or frighten the moose. If lost, please return to Gabriel Novak.'

Sam swore under his breath and Dean grabbed the paper from him, laughing as he read it.

"What is it with you and this guy? What did you ever do to him?" Dean asked, smiling.

"I blew up a science experiment in his face," Sam said abruptly before getting in the backseat of the Impala. Dean gave him a confused look before he got in the drivers seat, and Sam wasn't even surprised when Cas got in the car too. "Oh can you drop me off at the Novak's? Gabriel needs to give me something."

"Seriously? Since when are you two even..." Dean turned to look at Sam with a completely straight face. "Might we expect a happy announcement by the end of the week?"

Sam rolled his eyes at the Sherlock reference and Cas smiled happily.

"I understand that reference," he said happily. Dean smiled at him and Sam rolled his eyes again.