Here I Go

Chapter Two

Brent Steed

I finally stepped off the bus after the forty minute ride with a crowd of girls trying to feel me up. Even the bus driver smacked me on my rear as I got off. Just thinking about it makes me shiver.

I stand and stare at Wallace High in the background of everything at the moment. Can you believe that I’m going after the one person I obviously couldn’t have in all nine lives if I were a cat?

Well news for you, I am.

And it’s a guy at that. Chase McBransey. I’d give collection of books on the human brain up for him which I love dearly. He probably turned me down last year and got a good blow to my face but to me it was tough love. It left me daydreaming about him throughout the summer. A gorgeous, heavenly angel made contact with my ugly face with his delicate fist. He was beyond cute when he got angry. Just thinking about him makes my nosebleed.

I, Brent Steed, the used to be puny little nerd who got pushed into lockers and gifted with swollen bruises, and my face shoved into toilet bowls which weren’t flushed was going to win Chase McBransey’s heart. He was going to be mine. I would make him fall to my foot in love with me and of course I’d lift him from the ground in my arms and skip away towards our Love Castle.

Sure I sound like some crazed freak but I’m telling you the honest good and truth. Okay maybe I can scratch off the Love Castle. But everything else is true.

I grip the handle of the metal door yanking it open. I enter the school and once again I’m back in the crowded hallway of loud teenagers. Most of them are leaning against the rows of lockers flirting or bragging about their summer. I keep walking straight earning a few looks from random girls and some glares from the guys. I turn the corner looking for my locker number when I’m nearly pushed to the ground by a girl. I stagger backwards almost falling but amazingly regaining my balance.

“Oops.” She exclaims as she leans into my arms staring into my eyes with her brown ones. “Are you alright?” She asks laying her head on my chest as her hands rub my back up and down. I furrow my eyebrows.

“I’m fine but what are you doing?”

“Shh, you poor thing” She hushes me as she pulls away and lets her hands travel to my abdomen. She traces my muscles practically redrawing the outline with her long fingers. Then she guides her hands upwards and before she can reach my chest I grab her wrists. Her eyes meet mine once again.

“W-what are you doing?” I ask again.

“Oh. This?” She arches a brow. “I’m just feeling the body of a god! And it feels ah-mazing!” She divulges.

I release her hands. “You do know, this is sexual harassment. Category two offense number one in the student manual.”

She sighs and tilts her head to the side along with her thick, black strands of curls. “Fine, then you can feel me up too.” A wicked smile slides across her full lips and now it’s my turn to raise an eyebrow and even a blush creeps across my face.

“I will do no such thing! Category two offense number three in the student manual! ” I nearly shouted at her indecent complies.

She pokes my chest. “Hey, enough about the student manual. Am I not good enough?"

“No-I mean…uh…” I scratch my head.

She folds her arms. “I’m waiting”

“I’m not…uh…how can I say this.”