Chapter 28-Both POVs

HELLO MY LOVELIES! I know it's been a while since I have last updated, but that's because I was giving you all a chance to comment what type of ending you guys wanted. (And not to mention that whenever I wanted to write this chapter, somebody would distract me and I would lose my inspiration.) Most of you guys wanted a good ending, which is not a surprise because come on, who wants a bad ending?! But I won't say what is the ending for this one. And I do encourage you guys read the last author's note at the end of the chapter. Okay, enough of my babbling, ENJOY! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcus POV

How am I supposed to do this? I've never done this before. Heck, this has never even happened in werewolf history for crying out loud! I mean, it's something I have been thinking of doing since her birthday in March, and it's already June. Every single time I would get the courage to open my mouth and ask her, something inside me would chicken out and I would say something stupid that would earn me a laugh from my mate and a growl from my wolf. I know he's been getting frustrated about me not marking her, but I know she's not ready yet. She has openly told me that she is ready for this life, that she is ready to fully mate with us and become the rightful Luna of my pack. Our pack. But every time she says these things, I could see a slight glimmer of hesitation in her eyes. That's the only thing stopping me from permanently marking her as our own. Why would I force the girl who I had fallen in love with to do something she is not ready to do? Even if my wolf literally demands for me to go ahead and do it already, I would not be a good mate in doing that. So, I came to another conclusion.

I twirled the small box in my hands as I sat on my bed, staring out the large window in my room. The trees were a bright green and the temperature was rising dramatically now, signaling the beginning of Summer. It had to be one of my favorite seasons because of the beauty of nature. But being a werewolf whose body temperature was a few degrees warmer than a regular human's was not something that I always liked having. How would you like it if you were about the same temperature as the weather outside? Yeah, it's not great. Trust me.

'What are you waiting for?' my wolf growled, pacing impatiently inside me. He had been doing that a lot lately. Maybe it was because of the whole 'going against a wolf's instinct' thing.

I shrugged my shoulders as I stared down at the small velvet box. A small smile played on my lips as the mere thought of how our mate would react when she opened it appeared on my mind. It was something I had been planning to do for a while now, and I couldn't wait much longer.

'You're not going to chicken out again, are you?' he asked, pure annoyance clear in his voice.

I rolled my eyes and lied down on my back, laying the box on my chest as I watched it move up and down with my rapid breathing. 'It's not that. I'm just not exactly sure how she would react to this.'

He let out a frustrated growl but eventually settled down. 'We can't continue to wait. And trust me when I say that I am not being selfish in this matter. The best thing to do now is to mark her so she would be safe of harm's way. The pack needs their Luna to be claimed already. I may be an impatient wolf, but I'm not sure how much longer the pack is willing to wait.'

'We do not become Alpha until the age of twenty-one. We're only eighteen. We still have three more years before we take our position in the pack.'

'Yes, that is true, but it is tradition for the future Alpha of a pack to mark and mate with their soul mate the second he finds her. She must be introduced into the pack if she belongs to another and must be trained to become future Luna. Rochelle, even if she is indeed a human, must start her lessons with your mother and the elders so she can have an idea of what is to come for her.'