Chapter 27

HELLO MY LOVELIES! As promised, here's the next chapter! It's in Rocky's POV and I know it's not going to be much, but some things that are revealed here will kind of foreshadow onto the next (and final) chapter. I know, one more chapter to go! It breaks my heart to let this book go but I do have a little thing I would LOVE for all you lovely readers to do. I'll talk more about it at the end of the chapter. And PLEASE read the author's note at the end. Anyway, ENJOY! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could feel myself sink into darkness and no matter how badly I didn't want to leave this world just yet, I actually felt myself welcoming it with open arms. The pain I had endured from Phillip was enough to wish for death upon myself. No person, not even a werewolf, had to endure this type of pain that I had just gone through. Why did the world have to be so cruel?

Phillip reached his arm back, a sinister smile spreading across his lips as I closed my eyes, expecting more pain to pierce through my body. Blood was gushing out of me at this point and I could feel my body grow cold and numb all at the same time. I knew it wouldn't be long before I was unconscious as I waited for death to take me away. As I waited for the impact, I could feel my heartbeat begin to slow down in pace. I knew my time was coming, but I was surprised to find that there wasn't a whip colliding across my bare skin on my back once more.

Trying to find the little strength that still lied within me, I turned my head to the side, peering up at him from the corner of my eye only to find that he was standing still, his head cocked to the side as if listening to the outside. I, too, did the same, wincing at the pain of my freshly made cut he had given me on my neck. Although I knew my hearing wasn't as heightened as his, I tried my best to listen, and was surprised to find that the menacing growls that were occurring outside had subsided. We were only greeted by silence, my heavy breathing being the only sound that echoed in the room.

Suddenly, a loud, thunderous sound made us both jump as a large metal object collided against the floor only a mere few feet outside of the room we were in. It was seconds before that one too came off its hinges. By that point, I was near unconsciousness and I couldn't even keep my head held high to see the intruder. My heart secretly prayed that it was Marcus, but I wasn't at all too sure if the goddess, if there was any, could hear our pleas from where we sat.

I was barely able to comprehend what was going on around me until I felt two hands press themselves against my cheeks, pulling my face up to see the person now in front of me. My heart fluttered and the familiar tingles erupted against my skin where he touched, making me sigh in contentment but I couldn't find the power to open my eyes and stare into his own.

"Rocky. Rocky, sweetie. I'm here. Rocky, look at me," his voice pleaded and something inside me urged my eyes to open and to look at my mate.

I looked up at him, trying to form a smile across my lips but they were failing me. I knew I probably looked like an idiot right now, but I couldn't care less at the moment. The pain was draining my entire body and just simply looking at him made me weak. "Marcus," I whispered, trying my best to stay awake as I looked at him but something took over me.

A sudden cold feeling rushed through my body, numbing the pain as a wave of darkness took over my mind. I tried to claw my way out, but my strength was diminishing and all my body wanted to do was lie still as death took me in its grasp. I didn't know if this was my moment, but it sure as hell felt like it was.

I knew that he was talking to me, pleading for me to wake up but no matter how hard I tried, it was useless. I couldn't even move, nor could I even find the strength to breathe properly. The wounds that now marked my body and the lack of blood in my system made it that much more difficult.