Chapter 21-Marcus POV

HELLO MY LOVELIES! Here's the next chapter! I decided to just go ahead and write it. And for those of you who've been waiting for another Marcus POV, here you go! ENJOY! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt a tugging at the back of my mind, jerking me awake and sitting up in one swift movement. I had nearly forgotten where I was until I felt someone stir beside me. A low groan was heard, and my eyes immediately snapped to the beautiful girl laying down beside me. A smile spread across my lips as I laid back down, shifting her body until she was flushed against mine. She didn't wake, but a small smile spread across her delicious lips as she snuggled in closer to me.

I stared at her for a few moments before I felt something tug at the back of my mind once more. I hadn't realized that I had put my walls up so no one else in the pack could contact me. And based on the force that was pounding against my skull, I had no doubt it was my father. Alphas had more power when it came to a pack's mind link. They can literally contact anyone they wish in the pack, and the person couldn't resist but to reply. Even me.

Letting down my walls, I winced at the sudden loud voices echoing in my head. I guess I had accidentally exposed my mind to everyone else's without thinking. Ignoring the other voices who immediately greeted me after they felt my presence in their mind, I shut them out without a word and focused on my father's calm tone. It was nice to hear that it wasn't some sort of rogue problem again. I didn't need for my mate to get hurt as badly as last time.

'That won't happen again,' my wolf reassured me and I simply nodded in response.

'Yes, father?'

'I just wanted to remind you of the fishing trip with your mate and her father. I don't want him waking up and finding you there.'

I looked over my mate and peered at the clock near her computer desk. I let out a soft sigh as I realized it was already 6:30 and she should be waking up around this time. Sending my father a final message, I slowly slipped away from my mate, smiling as her lips turned into a pout. I kissed them gently, her lips immediately responding to mine and her eyes opening slightly. I smiled down at her, kneeling against the bed as I stroked my fingers across her soft cheeks.

"Morning, beautiful," I whispered, hearing something stir in the other room across the hall. Dammit.

"Good morning," she said sleepily, stretching her body along the length of the bed before allowing it to relax beneath my touch. She stayed there, staring at me for a few seconds before her eyes widened and her head snapped to the clock. "Sh*t!"

I shook my head, smiling at her reaction. "Now, now, watch your language missy. It's not very ladylike to speak that way," I said, wagging my finger playfully at her.

She rolled her eyes, pushing herself up to a sitting position. "Who says I'm ladylike? And besides, I can say whatever I want," she said, standing up and making her way over to the bathroom without looking back at me.

A low chuckle escaped my lips as I dashed to where she stood and picked her up easily in my arms. Her eyes widened in surprise and I couldn't help but lay a quick kiss on her lips at her expression. "What was that, beautiful? I don't think you want another episode of last night, now do you?"

Her head tilted to the side in a cute manner before her eyes widened some more and she shook her head violently, her small body trying its best to get away from me but my firm grip held her in place. A sly smile spread across my lips as my fingers dug onto her sides and she instinctively grabbed them before I could go any further.

"Marcus, don't you dare," she said with narrowed eyes. The way her tone threatened me had to be the cutest thing I have ever heard. She was such a small thing compared to me and yet she had the guts to do so. My wolf purred in appreciation at our mate's courage.