Chapter 17

I'M BACK..............(creepy voice) lol. HELLO MY LOVELIES! I know, I know, I said I would be back by May 1st and today is already the third. DON'T KILL ME! lol. In all honesty, it's been raining nonstop over here in South Florida and the thunderstorms have been killing my power continuously. I would write it on my phone, but I hate small screens, even if it is an android >.< But please do forgive me my lovelies! I promise from here on out I'll be uploading a lot more often. I may have had writer's block (HORRIBLE!) these past few days, but hopefully this chapter will get me right on track! Ok, I'm done babbling. Here's the next chapter you guys! Enjoy! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes snapped wide open, my body turning slightly to look at the bright red numbers staring back at me. I blinked several times, allowing my eyes to focus until the numbers became clearer. It was already 6 A.M., time for me to wake up. Yay me. Oh well, at least today is Friday and I'll be going to that party tonight with Marcus.

My body suddenly froze as last night's conversation entered my mind. I didn't mind meeting his parents. I was kind of excited about that; but the whole 'meeting the entire pack' thing made me weak in the knees. How in the world am I supposed to handle all of those people? Marcus always kept on reminding me that his pack was the largest, so that meant more people I had to encounter on a daily basis. And put me as their future Luna, this would simply be paradise! Note the sarcasm here people.

I let out a soft sigh and turned over, a frown lacing my lips as I was greeted with an empty bed in front of me. No wonder I had felt cold recently. Marcus was nowhere to be found, but I couldn't blame him. He probably had some pack duties to do with his dad and he still was a high school student. I wouldn't want him missing out just because of me. And that's when I saw it.

My head tilted to the side as I stared down at the piece of paper that had my name scribbled on top of it. I reached down for it slowly, a smile spreading across my lips as I instantly recognized his handwriting. How do I know, might you ask? Well, I may have peeked at his papers one day in homeroom when he started sitting next to me. I know, talk about weird. But I was simply curious! Most guys have horrible handwriting, no offense to any men out there, but I was extremely shocked to realize that his was actually....decent. I mean, you can actually read it! I know, I'm being a little bit too harsh on men everywhere, but girls just have better handwriting than guys. Well, most of them really.

I unfolded the small piece in my hands, my smile broadening as I read the note:

'Good morning, beautiful. I'm sorry I wasn't there when you woke up. My father needed me for some important pack duties concerning the rogues. But I will see you today at school. I can't wait.

-Marcus'

I felt my heart flutter at his words as his voice read them quietly in my mind. The mere sound made by my subconscious mind had me melting inside, making me slump down onto the bed and press the note against my chest as I secretly wished I could've indeed woken up to his angelic face. I know, I'm being such a girl.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to me that made me sprint out of my bed and dash to the bathroom. I closed the door shut, switching on the light since the sun had still barely risen over the horizon and stared at my reflection in the mirror. I was still wearing yesterday's clothing that Alex and Sarah picked out for me, so I removed the overly big sized shirt above my head and carefully untangled the shirt that was still pressed tightly, yet gently, against my skin. As I slowly removed it, a gasp escaped my lips as my eyes widened in disbelief. Wait, how could this be? It couldn't possibly heal that fast. Could it?

I tilted my head and leaned forward so I could get a better look at the wound imprinted on my skin. The only problem was, that it was no longer a wound. The freshly dried up blood was nowhere to be seen and one couldn't see how deep the cut truly was. What lied on my skin was now nothing but large scars resembling claws cutting into my flesh. They were faded and barely noticeable, despite of my pale skin. I reached out my hand and grazed the skin slightly, surprised to find a warm sensation stream through my fingers in an electric jolt. I jumped in surprise, my eyes still trained on the scars as my thoughts were completely jumbled inside of my head. How could this have happened? I am absolutely positive that there was a freshly made wound on my chest yesterday. Did I hibernate or something?