Chapter 20

HELLO MY LOVELIES! Okay, so my phone loves my book so much that it decides to vote on chapters I'm editing on its own. O.O lol, so if you guys were to check out my page and see that one of my votes is on my book, please ignore. My phone seems to be going crazy! (Just like its owner xD) Anyway.....I'm writing this chapter here on my phone so please excuse any mistakes I may have. But I do have good news! Things get interesting in this chapter ;D lol, ENJOY MY LOVELIES! ♥

***WARNING*** contains sexual content. (Well, sort of. xD)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I laid on my bed facing my door, my eyes wide open and sleep failing me completely. My mind was running a thousand miles an hour as today's events rushed through my now aching brain. I had even tried to drink some Advil, but the usual medication which helped me in such occasions like this was not doing anything to help. So here I was, laying in bed with no intention of resting for tomorrow.

Suddenly, I heard a small sound behind me and my eyes snapped to the full length mirror hanging behind my door. Squinting my eyes, I noticed a dark figure closing the window silently as if not to make a sound. I rolled my eyes, letting out a small sigh as I snuggled my body more beneath the sheets.

"I thought I said not to come, Marcus."

"You never really did say that, you know," he said quietly, his voice sounding closer than where he last stood.

I peered up at the mirror, noticing that he was indeed closer to the bed since I couldn't see him. "It was implied." Silence filled the air and I turned around slightly to take a look at my mate. He was standing beside my bed, his arms folded across his chest. His dark eyes stared at me intently, but I could see the concern deep within them, even if he tried his best to mask his emotions. "Marcus, I really mean it. I just want to be alone right now."

"I'm not leaving my mate while she's feeling this way." I could sense the hint of determination in his voice, and I knew very well that he wasn't going to be leaving any time soon.

With a loud sigh of frustration, I turned back around and covered my entire body, including my head, under my covers, trying hard to ignore the way my body reacted with him being so close. "I just want to be alone, Marcus." My body shuddered as his name rolled off my tongue as if by instinct.

"I'm still not going anywhere," he whispered as he laid down beside me. He didn't make a move to close any distance that was left between, and for that I was thankful for. Except for the way he seemed to press on to find out what was wrong with me. In all honesty, I didn't even know what was wrong. "You know you can tell me anything, beautiful."

I nodded, not once making a move to look at him. "I know, but not right now."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to." I didn't bother hiding the irritation that was held within my voice. I wasn't feeling well and he was not making it any better on my part.

"Who were you with?"

My body froze in shock before I slowly pulled away my covers and looked over at him. His eyes were now a pitch black color and a frown laced his lips. I wanted to reach out and caress his cheeks to comfort him, but I knew that would not be the appropriate thing to do. "What are you talking about?"

"I smelled it outside on the patio earlier. Now who were you with, Rochelle?" he asked through gritted teeth. I knew he wasn't exactly mad at me, but the mere expression he now wore was a bit frightening.

I inched away from him, my body shaking slightly under his heavy gaze. "No one."

"Rochelle, tell me." His voice was softer this time, but he didn't bother to hide the frustration in his features.