Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

“Do I get to decide, or does Social Services?” I started toying with my hair nervously.

Sure, it’d be great to meet my mom’s mom, but she’s a stranger to me, and was a stranger to my mom, as well. Mary might never be able to adopt a child after me, due to her job. But a blood relative! What am I going to do?

“Social Services will check and see which of us is more fit to be your parent. They will let us know tomorrow,” she smiled reassuringly at me. “But you need to get some sleep. You’ve had quite the day. Stopping a home invasion, debating plans, staring down a loaded gun…” She trailed off.

“Don’t forget the ice cream!” I added.

“Yes, dear. The ice cream. Now get to sleep! It’s almost three in the morning.”

“Fine,” I huffed, and trotted up the stairs.

“Goodnight!” I called back towards where Mary was standing in the kitchen.

“Night, Skye.”

I woke up to the phone ringing. I have to admit, I’m a pretty light sleeper. Hoping it was Social Services with a verdict on the more fit parent, I jumped out of bed an threw my hair back into a pony tail.

“Yes, I understand,” Mary spoke into the phone.

I walked around her and entered the kitchen, and began to make myself some coffee.

“By Wednesday? Isn’t that a bit quick to finalize an adoption?” I got increasingly more nervous.

As much as I wanted to meet my grandmother, I didn’t want to leave again. I was really starting to like it here.

“Alright, I’ll tell her. You’ll be here on Tuesday to double check with her, right?”

“Okay. Alright. Good bye,” she hung up the phone and turned to face me.

“Honey, you’re up!” She smiled at me.

Smiling was a good sign, right?

“Social Services will be here on Tuesday to chat with you a bit, they don’t want their decision to be the wrong one in your opinion,” she informed me.

“Okay. Did they say which family would be better for me to live with, in their opinion?” I looked at her hopefully.

“Yeah, they did. Finish making your coffee and come meet me on the couch,” she left the kitchen.

I poured the water into the machine, along with the coffee grinds. I got out sugar and cream and waited for the coffee to be done filtering. When it was, I poured it into a mug, and stirred in a bit of both sugar and cream.

I proceeded to walk out into the living room where I met Mary on the couch.

“So?” I started.

“Social Services suggests us as your most fit parents. Due to being younger, and the fact that I can protect you during this whole mission thing,” she smiled at me.

“Yay!” I gave Mary a huge hug. “I would have picked you anyway,” I whispered in her ear.

And from that point on I knew it was true.

-----------------------------------

Hey! It's not super long but not super short. Actually, I had an adoption planned from the beginning. :)

This story isn't action packed right now, but keep in mind that they haven't started the mission. AND WE'RE ELEVEN CHAPTERS IN! I'm being so slow....

To keep things straight, the past few chapters ALL took place on SATURDAY. From the moment Damien and Skye were chilling when bad guys interupted to after ice cream when Skye got home and went to bed. Now we're on Sunday.

I started a new story, Mirror, Mirror. I hope you guys will check it out. I came up with the idea while showering. xD I came up for the idea for Famous Last Words when I was half asleep. OH, RIGHT.

SONG!!

Title: Kill All Your Friends

Artist: My Chemical Romance

Album: None

<3 Until next time. Thanks for reading, voting, fanning, and commenting. You all make me smile, and it really does mean the world to me.