Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

I entered the glass double doors that lead to where training was. It was an unmarked building, so I’m still not quite sure what to call it. I proceeded to where I met the bald guy- Mr. Henderson, I later discovered.

“It’s nice to see you again,” Mr. Henderson spoke. “This is Mr. Bordeaux.”

A man with a heavy French accent spoke, reaching his hand out to shake mine.

“Please, call me Jacque.”

“Of course, Jacque. Nice to meet you,” I smiled at him.

“He is here to give you a new appearance,” Mr. Henderson informed me.

“A votre service, mademoiselle,” Jacque said with a slight bow.

“Merci,” I replied.

I took a year of French in middle school, and three in high school. ‘A votre service’ was one of the things I was taught in the restaurant unit. It means at your service.

He lead me down a hallway with cream colored walls and into a salon at the end. I guess disguise wasn’t an uncommon task here.

“What kind of hair do you want, mademoiselle?” He played with his mustache and looked at me curiously.

“Please, call me Skye,” I smiled up at him. “And I don’t really care. Though I’d like to keep it long. Long and…not platinum blonde.”

The man smiled back at me.

“Bien sur! Now, follow me,” he lead me to one of the sinks and sat me down.

After getting my hair wet he turned to me.

“I need your honest opinion. I want you to like your hair. Answer these questions for me?” He pleaded, as if he expected me to refuse.

“Yes, of course!”

“Straight or curly?”

“Straight,” I replied instantly.

My naturally curly hair got pretty annoying sometimes.

“You don’t want it blonde. Let’s go dark. Dark brown, almost black would be pretty, no?”

“Sounds good,” I looked up at him.

“Now, pick a color.”

“Um…red.”

“No peeking,” he instructed, motioning to the mirror.

I nodded.

***

"Voila!"

About two hours later I found myself gawking at my hair. It was pin straight, and swept over one eye. My bangs were tinged in red, as were the tips of the rest of my hair. It was layered in a way that framed my face, making my cheek bones look higher. It was original, I’ll give him that. I’m still getting used to it, though.

“You look beautiful,” he complimented me.

“Thanks,” I responded, not taking my eyes off of my reflection.

I looked very different, to say the least.

“What’s next?” I asked.

“I will teach you how to use make-up,” he said with a proud smile.

“I don’t need to wear make-up,” I protested.

“Nonsense. We must completely make you over,” he insisted.

He dragged me off to a chair before laying out multiple trays, tubes, and pencils.

***

My face was now covered in make-up, thought it looked natural. Except for the smokey eye that he gave me. My green eyes looked much more pronounced.

I was three hours into this make over and ready to go home.

“Am I done yet?” I asked.

“Nope,” He handed me a leather jacket.

“What’s this for?” I raised an eyebrow.

“It’s bullet proof, believe it or not. Wear it whenever you get the chance,” he instructed.

“This is so cool!”

He smiled at me.

“You are free to go now. Au revoir, Skye.”

“Merci, Jacque.”

“Anytime,” he lead me out of the door.

I found Mr. Henderson near the front desk.

“I love your hair, Skye. Very you.” He grinned.

“Thank you. I have a question, though.”

“Yes?”

“Am I just going to keep running from these guys? That’s exactly what they want. A chase. And if we don’t come up with something new, they will eventually succeed.”

He seemed shocked at what I said, and I wasn’t sure if it was a good thing.

“You are a very smart girl, my dear. You are exactly right. I’m afraid we don’t have a plan as of right now, however.”

“Well, I do.” I looked up at him through my bangs.

“And what would that be?” He questioned.

“We need to get inside of their gang, and figure out what they are up to,” I suggested. "It'll be the best way to stop them."

“Are you saying that we should send agents to join their gang?” He looked at me like I had a raccoon on top of my head, tap dancing with a pickle in it’s mouth.

“That’s exactly what I’m saying.”

_______________

I'm not sure how much I like this chapter, I do think it was a bit choppy. I hope you liked it!

I'm excited to get this show on the road. These random scenes keep popping into my head and I don't know what to do with them because I'm not far enough along!

Probably about 1-2 more boring chapters. Then It'll be pure action. :D

Thanks for reading. Vote, fan, comment, and make my day!!!