Chapter 3

*Jennifer's POV*

I was breathing heavily now. I couldn't move. I was shivering. My mom was trying to comfort me and squeezed me. I felt like I was going to die. Everything went black.

I woke up and my mom was sitting on a chair next to my bed. But then I realized it wasn't my bed. It was a hospital bed. "Oh my god thank god you're awake." My mom said. "What happened?" I asked. "After I told you that you were touring with Demi you completely passed out." She said. I almost forgot that I was touring with her. I was still freaking out on the inside but I didn't show it.

*a couple hours later*

I was calmed down now. My parents were still here next to me. "When does the tour start?" I asked. "I think it starts on December 21st. And if you were wondering about if you were going to miss any school, you're only going to miss one day of school. You're winter break starts on the 22nd. The tour is short so it ends before you go back to school." My dad said.

Oh my god I forgot about school. Today was the first day of school and I already missed half of the day. That wasn't going to leave a very good impression on my teachers. "Mom, am I going to stay in the hospital for the rest of the day or are you going to take me to school now?" I asked. "I think you should be alright at school for the rest of the day." My mom said. "I'm going to go check you out, ok?" She continued as she walked out of the room. "So do you want to go home and change before you go to school?" My dad asked me.

I looked down and realized I was still wearing my pajamas. "Um yea I don't think I should go to school in my PJ's." I answered.

A few minutes later, my mom came back to the room and told us that we could go now. We left to go back home.

When we arrived at the front door, I realized that there was a gift basket on the welcome mat. I picked it up and brought it inside to my room. I told myself that I wasn't going to look at it until after school, because I was already pretty late.

I got changed into a cute white floral top and jean shorts. I picked up my keys to my Toyota Prius and left.