Chapter 20

A/N Follow me on tumblr! @loving1dwp I now have my workd on tumblr, Ao3, and wattpad. I'm getting there! of course wattpad will always get my updates first. :) I love you guys. Thank you to my 1,025+ fans. I love each and every one of you.

****

"What are you doing?"

A sleepy looking Harry walked into the kitchen and seated himself sideways on my lap. I chuckled and kissed his cheek. Apparently his medicine made him really needy and cuddly. Not that I minded.

Last night he had a nightmare and woke up sobbing. He cringed away every time I touched him. After I calmed him down he explained that he dreamt his dad was trying to kill me and forced him to watch. My heart went out for the boy as we cuddled and cried together for what felt like hours. After he went back to sleep I searched for his dad on the internet. I only knew his name after all. I found him quickly and went to his profile on twitter. He seemed like a normal guy, not the kind that would be so cruel, but if Harry hated him then so did I.

I couldn't get that off my mind all night, so I came down in the early hours of the morning and tidied up the kitchen, got the mail, made some tea, and now I was reviewing my bills.

"Well, I was trying to pay my bills, but now you're in my way." I chuckled.

"Why aren't you at work?" He let his head fall against my shoulder.

"You heard the doctor. You aren't supposed to stand for a long time and you can't exert yourself. I'm here to take care of you." I kissed his nose with a grin.

He tilted his head up and stared at me, poking out his lips and giving me a pleading look. I grinned down at him, then leaned down and moulded our lips together. He kissed back eagerly, but I pulled away shortly after. He whined and tried to kiss me again, but I leaned back, laughing at his childlike behavior.

"Why won't you kiss me?" He whimpered.

"Just a few more days until we can do whatever you want." I winked. "I'll make it worth the wait, I promise." I kissed the top of his head and he sighed before leaning against me again.

I shifted him so that I could continue filling out the forms for my bills. Harry must have gotten bored because he sat up when I was almost done and started flipping through the ones I had already done.

He huffed and threw them down, groaning something about how he didn't understand them. I just rolled my eyes and kept on working. I finished up quickly and shoved the papers into my satchel so I would remember to mail them. I picked Harry up and carried him to the couch.

"Are you just going to carry me everywhere for the next two days." Harry stretched out on the couch. " 'cause I'm totally fine with that." He smirked.

"Just for that, I'm not carrying you into the kitchen when I'm finished making breakfast."

"Yes you will." Harry laughed.

"You're probably right." I muttered to myself.

I whipped up some pancake batter and poured some into a pan. I finished buttering the pancakes and called Harry into the kitchen as I was setting out two plates. He hugged me from behind and I giggled as his hands brushed my side.

"Someone's ticklish." He hummed.

Before I could get away, he spun me around and started tickling my sides. I laughed uncontrollably and I could feel tears springing to my eyes.

"P-Please stop! Ha-Harry! Have mercy! U-Uncle!"

I'm pretty sure the only reason Harry stopped tickling me was because he got tired and had to sit down to catch his breath.