Chapter 8

Niall’s POV

“That’s really good Zayn, I’m sure Austin will love it!” I clapped Zayn on the back and smiled warmly.

He grinned and put the drawing back into his bag. Zayn’s our cover art designer, he’s wicked good at drawing. He does all of our singers’ album covers. My thigh started to buzz, so I pulled out my phone and grinned at the caller ID.

“What’s up Tommo?” I answered.

“N-Niall, I need your help. Please, come. Hurry!” His voice was shaky and I could tell he was crying.

Me being me, I jumped to the worst conclusion.

“What happened Louis? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did Harry hurt you?” Anger flared up inside me at the thought of that hurting my best friend.

“No!” He screeched. “Eleanor, and she- Just hurry. I’ll explain later. I need to f-find him before something bad happens.” He sobbed.

“Find who?” I stood up, putting on my coat and grabbing my car keys.

“H-Harry. He’s gone, and it’s all my f-fault.” I heard a car engine start as I started my own.

“What do you want me to do? I’m on my way.”

I don’t like Harry at all. Okay, so he has a great voice, but he’s homeless. The only reason I’m helping Louis find him is because Louis is obviously pretty torn up about him leaving. Him leaving just proves that he’s a heartless prick.

“Just drive around and look for him. Call me if you see him.” He sounded a bit more composed now, which in turn, calmed me.

“We’ll find him Lou. I’ll call Zayn and Liam too.” I tried to reassure him.

“Thanks.” He said quietly.

The line went dead and I immediately called Zayn and Liam. Liam is one of the other sound guys like me. Luckily we had all met with Louis and Harry a few days before their meeting with Simon. After I explained to them that we had to find Harry they all started driving around town looking for the curly-haired boy.

After an hour of searching none of us had found Harry yet and it was lunch time, so I called Louis back. That was a mistake.

“Did you find him?” Louis asked hopefully.

I hated to be the one to crush his spirits, but I couldn’t lie to him.

“No, sorry. Zayn, Liam, and I were going out for lunch, do you want to join? We can continue looking for Harry afterwards.

“No.” He sighed. “I’m going to keep looking.”