Chapter 11

I avoided Harry’s eyes as I stood up and walked to the stove. I knew I needed to do something to remove the tension.

“Tea?”

My hands shook as I poured the tea into two mugs, then carried them back to the table without waiting for Harry’s answer. I sat back down across from him and sipped my tea in silence. I thought over a couple explanations for what I said, but they were all rubbish.

“Look, what I said was-“

“Incredibly sweet.” Harry cut me off. “You really shouldn’t think so little of yourself, you’re one of the greatest people I’ve ever met.” He smiled shyly.

A blush crept up on my cheeks and I couldn’t fight the grin that broke out on my face. I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants, and watched Harry eye me suspiciously.

“C-can I try something?” Harry stuttered.

“Yeah, anything.” I whispered.

I didn’t plan on whispering, but I was so nervous it just came out that way.

Harry took a deep breath and stood up, coming to stand in front of me. For a few seconds he was still. I saw a hint of fear in his green eyes, which only made me more nervous. In the blink of an eye Harry had leant down and was less than an inch away from my face, more importantly, his lips were an inch away from my own.

“Tell me if you want me to stop.” He mumbled.

It was finally going to happen, he was going to kiss me! My smile faded when a thought entered my mind. Unless we’re interrupted…again.

Well you know what they say, third time’s a charm.

We were so close I could have puckered my lips and we would be kissing, but I was scared that if I moved I would scare him away. I definitely didn’t want that.

“Louis!” Phoebe yelled into the kitchen.

Are you fucking kidding me!? Harry went to move away, but I wasn’t having any of that bullshit.

“Not this time.” I mumbled.

I grabbed the back of Harry’s neck and pulled him down towards me, crashing our lips together in a kiss that left me feeling dizzy. It was like our lips were made for each other. They fit so perfectly, like a lock and key.

Too soon, Harry was pulling away and standing up straight again.

“I like you too.” Harry grinned.

The butterflies in my stomach must have had  a disco party or something, because I felt like jumping for joy and throwing up all at the same time.

“Louis I’m hungry!” Daisy shouted.

“I’ll make some snacks!” I shouted back, my eyes never leaving Harry’s.

Harry smiled and backed up so I could stand up. Harry went into the living room while I threw together some snacks. I called the girls and went to join Harry on the couch. I sat closer than I would have previously, our thighs and shoulders were touching.

“So, what happens now?” Harry asked unsurely.

“Let’s just see where this goes yeah?”

Harry nodded his head, blushing. I really hope this works out, I really do like Harry. It’s great to know he likes me to.

My mum came home about an hour later and greeted us all with a hug, including Harry. It made me think about his mother and how heartless she must be for letting her husband abuse Harry. I mean, how could you abuse Harry? He’s adorable!

“The doctors say she’ll probably wake up soon.” She gave us a small smile.

“That’s great! I won’t be long.”

She nodded, and I hugged her once more before motioning for Harry to follow me outside. We got into my car and I started driving to the hospital. I was really glad Harry had agreed to go with me, because I didn’t think I could handle it on my own.

We had to get a pass at the front desk, then they told us where we could find Lottie’s room. We walked silently down the long white hallways until we stopped in front of Room 34. With a shaky hand, I reached out and touched the doorknob. I wanted to turn it, but I couldn’t seem to make my hand move.

“Lou? Are you alright?” Harry put his hand gently over mine that was hanging limply at my side.

I couldn’t ignore the burning feeling where our skin made contact, but at that moment I was more worried about what I would see on the other side of the door.

I pushed open the door and stepped inside. Harry took my hand again and interlocked our fingers. If I wasn’t so focused on the pale figure lying in the sheets, I might have noticed how perfectly our hands slotted together.

The big bed consumed Lottie, making her look young and fragile. Her cheeks, normally rosy, were pale and her eyes were closed. She wasn’t moving at all, obviously, since she was in a coma. There was a white bandage around her head where I guessed she had hit it, and another around her left forearm.

My grip on Harry’s hand tightened as I stepped closer. I covered my mouth with my free hand and fought back tears.

“Lottie.” I breathed. “Look at you, my baby sister, all broken. I’m so sorry.”

My words didn’t make much sense, but they kind of just poured out of my mouth. Harry led me back to a small couch against the wall and we sat down. He put his other arm around my shoulder and tugged me closer to him. I felt secure in his arms, and I never wanted to leave, but I knew I would have to soon.

“It’s gonna be okay. Remember, the doctors said she’d wake up soon.”

I squeezed my eyes shut and leaned my head on Harry’s shoulder, breathing in his scent. It was comforting to know he was there and that I wasn’t alone.

“Can we go now? I don’t want to be here anymore.” I whispered.

Wordlessly, he stood up, pulling me with him. When we got back to my car I was about to open the door, but Harry stopped and took the keys from my hands.

“I’ll drive.”

I was to emotionally exhausted to argue, so I just climbed into the passenger seat and let Harry take me home.

As soon as we got there, my mum hugged me and I let one tear fall on accident, but I quickly wiped it away with the back of my hand.

She glanced at our hands and gave me a knowing look, saying ‘I told you so’. She went back to the hospital after that. Luckily they had been able to move Lottie to the hospital where my mum worked, so during her breaks she could go sit with her.

“Why don’t you go on up to bed?” Harry let go of my hand and pushed me gently towards the stairs.

“No, I have to make dinner.”

“I’ll take care of it. Go get some rest.” Harry kissed my cheek.

I walked sluggishly up the stairs and all but fell onto the bed. I stripped off my shirt and trousers, throwing them on the floor. The bed seemed lonely without Harry there, so I rolled over and rested my head on his pillow which kind of smelled like him.

I woke up two hours later when Harry crawled under the covers.

He didn’t make me move from his pillow, he just muttered an apology for waking me up and kissed my forehead. I could get used to this.

Our arms were touching, but other than that we slept like we had the night before. I didn’t want to freak him out by cuddling into his side, no matter how badly I wanted to.

Maybe Felicity was right. I do love Harry. I love Harry Styles. I’m in love with Harry Styles.

****

A/N Guys, I’m so sorry for not updating sooner, but I haven’t had much time this pat week, a lot of stuff kept popping up, and I know this is short, but I just wanted to get something up. To make up for my lack of updating I gave you some Larry:)

Xoxo