Chapter 6

Louis's POV

"Hi Sir, It's nice to meet you." Harry shook Simon's hand and grinned at him.

"Well at least this one has manners." Simon sighed and sat back down in his chair.

He was referring to a guy who I brought in about two months ago. He was the rudest person I had ever met, but he was a good singer. I don't know where he is now; we transferred him to another recording company. I was just hoping that Harry could stay here. I kind of like having him around, I get lonely.

"So Harry, I've listened to your demo and I must say that I'm impressed. You have an amazing voice, but a lot of people can sing, so what makes you special?" Simon raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I've been singing since I could talk, and it's pretty much all I do now. I love doing it and I'll never stop no matter what. There isn't really anything special about me, singing is just something that I like to do." Harry said confidently.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding when Harry replied calmly. Simon seemed satisfied with his answer and grinned. That in itself was a big accomplishment, because Simon was hard to please and could be pretty mean if he wasn't.

"I like you." Simon grinned. "You're not cocky or arrogant, you know what you can do and you won't stop for anyone. Those are great qualities to have Mr. Styles. Welcome to London Recording Studios Inc. I expect an album from you soon." He stood up. "Now I really must be going. Louis, he is your responsibility, I expect you to guide him through this, and help him in every way possible."

"Of course." I smiled and patted Harry on the back. "Well done." I whispered in his ear.

He grinned at me and as soon as Simon closed the door he wrapped me up in a hug. I melted into his embrace and tried to fight the nervous feeling in my stomach. I loved the feeling of his warm skin against my cold skin, and I never wanted to pull away. I discretely sniffed him, and I let out a soft sigh at the minty smell. He smelled like a mixture of mint and coffee. It was an odd combination, but it smelt really good.

"Thank you." He mumbled against my shoulder.

"You're welcome." I mumbled back.

**

"Come on let's celebrate!" I laughed.

I opened a bottle of champagne and poured Harry and myself a glass. I handed him a cup and we toasted, before drinking the bubbly liquid. We had celebrated by going out to dinner and then for ice-cream. Harry downed his glass in one breath and I smirked.

"Is it alright if I got to bed, I'm sort of tired." Harry looked down at his feet nervously.

I glanced at the clock, and I wasn't surprised to see it was already nine o'clock. That's early for me, but I guess Harry hasn't had proper sleeping hours in a while, living on the street and all. I finished off my glass and looked over Harry once to make sure he was alright. He looked fine, just a bit tired.

"Yeah go ahead." I nodded.

He sent me a small smile and walked past me, accidently brushing our arms together. Sparks shot up my arm at his touch and I shivered. I ran upstairs after I heard his door shut, and jumped into a cold shower, scrubbing furiously at my body, which I was sure would be raw when I got out. I let the cold water soothe my burning skin as I thought about Harry.

Just because he's gay doesn't mean he'll like me. I mean, yeah I have lots of money, and he lives with me, and I'm nice to him, and he's starting to trust me, and...wait. There might actually be a chance of him liking me! I just have to keep this up. I don't want to push him into anything. The last thing I want is for him to leave.

But what about that 'almost kiss' before the meeting with Simon? We didn't talk about it, it was forgotten after Harry got signed to our label. I couldn't help but feel disappointed when Niall interrupted us. I was really looking forward to having his plump pink lips pressed against my own. I sighed loudly and finished shampooing my feathery locks, before turning off the water.

I chuckled when I realized I had been in the shower for forty-five minutes. I quickly dried off, pulled on my pajamas, and brushed my teeth. When I was ready for bed I walked down the hall to check on Harry. I peeked inside and smiled. He had his knees pulled up and most of his face was pressed into his pillow. His right hand was gripping the duvet tightly and his left hand was under the covers. His head turned slightly and his eyes opened. I went to step back and close the door, but he stopped me.

"Louis, do you have an extra blanket?"

I frowned, my house is always warm, in fact I'm hot right now, so how is he cold? I stepped inside and walked over to his closet, pulling open the doors. I reached up to the top shelf and pulled down a green fluffy blanket. I walked over to Harry's side and covered Him with it. He instantly used his hand that was previously under the covers to pull the blanket up to his chin.

"Are you cold? Do you want me to turn the heat up?" I rubbed my tired eyes as I spoke.

"No, I'm good now. Thank you." He nodded his head, then pressed his face back into the pillow.

I smiled affectionately down at the boy. He just looks so cute when he's sleeping. I left the room quietly, but not before getting a 'good night Lou' from Harry. I returned it and skipped back to my room, sliding under the covers. I had a weird feeling in my stomach ever since he called me 'Lou'. It was the first time he'd ever done that, and I hope it's not the last.

****

A/N Hello my guppies! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while! How about you check out my other stories while you're waiting?;) I was thinking about writing some one shots?? Should I?