Chapter 25

4 Years Later

****

“Morning.” I greeted Harry with a peck on the lips.

“What’s for breakfast?” He peeked over my shoulder into the frying pan where I was scrambling some eggs. “Eggs, biscuits, and either bacon or sausage. Which would you rather?”

“I had enough sausage last night.” He smirked.

I reached behind me and slapped his thigh, not even trying to hide my smile. “Bacon it is then.”

He went to sit down at the table and winced slightly when his bum made contact with the wood. Even after all these years he was still so tight and he would get sore after we made love. I carried him his plate after threatening him. He was only wearing my beige sweater which happened to be my favorite and I didn’t want any food spilled on it.

Harry’s phone buzzed on the counter and I was about to get it for him, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me into his lap.

“Don’t. This is our week.” He kissed the side of my neck gently where he had left a love bite earlier.

Harry had been on tour in America for two weeks and I wasn’t able to go with him because of work. He had become a big hit and pretty much every teenage girl and even some guys loved him even though they knew he was mine. I made that very clear.

It was difficult at times when I saw the rumors circulating and the pictures of him with pretty fans, but he always reassured me that I was the only one he wanted. The feeling was mutual of course.

Whenever he wasn’t touring he was recording or doing meet and greets. He loved his fans and spent as much time with them as possible and sometimes I got jealous, but then I remembered that at the end of the day, he was still my Harry. No one else’s.

It had been months since we had spent a lot of time together, so as an early birthday present he set aside an entire week for us. No work, no fans, no singing, no phone calls.

He had even rented a little cabin in a secluded part of the woods with a small lake out back. He had long since paid me back for everything I bought him when I first met him even though I insisted that he keep it. I only took it once I figured out that I could put it in a bank account under my name and transfer some of it to his account every few days.

“Lou.” He squeezed my side gently.

I grinned down at him and kissed him sloppily, slipping my tongue into his mouth. He Pushed his hips up then pulled away breathlessly.

“Round two?”

“More like round six.” I snorted.

We both laughed as we raced each other to the couch and took each other’s clothes off. We had been going at it like rabbits since he got back two days ago.

**

“Harry?” I rubbed my hand up and down his arm in a slow rhythm. He lifted his head from my chest and hummed in response.

I pulled him close for a quick kiss and he smiled tiredly. We had just finished round eight and we still needed to shower but we were both too tired to move.

“I’ve been wanting to ask you something for a while now, but the time never seemed right. But when it’s just you and me laying here in the dark I realize that there’s never going to be a perfect moment.”

I could barely make out the scrunch of Harry’s eyebrows through the moonlight coming through the window. I sighed nervously and reached into the night stand, closing my hand around the small box.

“You know I love you, so I’m not going to make some big speech declaring my love for you. But, I would like you to know that I wouldn’t mind spending the rest of my life with you. You’re the only one I want to fall asleep and wake up next to. You’re my everything and I can’t stand the thought of us not being together.” I took a deep breath and opened the Navy blue, velvety box. “So...Will you marry me?”

Harry’s lips turned up into his familiar lopsided grin and his arms tightened around me. “Of course.” He breathed. “I want you to be my forever.”

He wiggled up so we were at eye level then he planted a sweet kiss on my lips. I slipped the golden band from the box and he held out his hand, allowing me to slip it onto his ring finger. He found my eyes again and I pulled him closer into my side. He nuzzled his head under my chin. I could feel his warm breath fanning across my chest and tickle of his curls on my face.

Then I realized something. I realized it didn’t matter if I didn’t get to see Harry everyday. It didn’t matter that we had little fights every now and then. It didn’t matter that Niall and I had grown apart. It didn’t matter that Liam had moved to America with his girlfriend. Nothing mattered, because I had the boy I loved in my arms and no matter how far apart we are he is and always will be mine.

****

A/N This is it guys! Thanks for sticking with me throughout the story. I love you all!:)

If you liked this story, check out my others.