Chapter 17

A/N I think you guys will like this chapter! Sorry it took so long, but I just got a new laptop and I had written part of this chapter on my old one and it took me forever to transfer all my files, but I finally finished it and edited it, so yay!

Check out my other books, I'm taking everything off hold and starting all my new ones, so look at those! Since it's finally summer, I'll have more time to update!:)

Listen to the song on the side while you read. For some reason, my italics and bold are not showing up so, try to ignore that. Pretend the lyrics are italisized.

-Claire xx

****

I woke up around three AM to an empty bed. I groggily got out of bed and put on some boxers, before trudging down the hall. I could hear soft music coming from Harry's room, so I went in there. He looked up from the canvas in front of him when he heard the door open. I crossed my arms over my chest and sighed. He was only wearing boxers and one of my t-shirts that fit snugly across his chest. I smile fell onto my lips at that thought.

"What are you doing?"

"I had to finish your birthday present remember? I'm almost done. Wanna see?"

"You could have waited until tomorrow."

Nonetheless, I stood behind him and looked at the canvas. My eyes widened when I realized it was a painting of us. It was from a few nights ago when we were cuddling on the couch. Harry was looking at me with a fond expression and I was engrossed in my book. My glasses sat on my nose and my hair was covered by a beanie.

I hunched my back so I could wrap my arms around Harry's shoulders, with my hands resting on his chest. I kissed his cheek and grinned.

"I love it!"

"Really? I mean, it's not finished yet."

Harry leant his head back to rest on my shoulder. I chuckled, then kissed his lips as sweetly as possible. He grinned back at me then leaned forward to finish painting. I watched him put the finishing touches on it, then he stood up, wincing as he did so. I then noticed he had been sitting on a pillow.

"Are you sore?" I grimaced.

I had forgotten how bad it hurt after your first time. Harry gave me a small nod, then grabbed my hand. We went back to my bedroom and laid down on my bed. Harry cuddled into my side and we drifted off to sleep once again.

It was only three hours later that we were awoken again by our names being shouted from downstairs. I threw on a clean shirt, then Harry and I went downstairs and sat on the couch. The lights twinkled on our tree and all the ornaments sparkled. It was truly beautiful, but not more beautiful than the boy sitting next to me. I pecked Harry's lips, then looked at my mum who was smirking.

"Can we please go first?" Phoebe whined.

I nodded my head and they started tearing at their presents. Phoebe and Daisy got matching necklaces, a new game for their x-box, and a pair of shoes from my mom. I got them both gift cards to a jewelry store back in Doncaster where they liked to shop, I put from Harry too. Felicity mainly got clothes or money from my mum and me. My mum received a diamond necklace from me, handmade cards from Daisy and Phoebe and a book from Felicity.

"Now it's Harry's turn!" I yelled playfully. "Come on!"

I tugged Harry to his feet and led him up the stairs. He followed behind me whining the entire time asking what was going on. I reached the third room and smirked at Harry before pulling open the door and shoving him inside. He stopped and his jaw dropped.