.:New Edition:.

.:Ruby's pov:.

It's January now. A whole new year. Sapph was scheduled to be induced into labor in a few days. Her due date was on the 3rd but she is still waddling around. It's the 5th now and I sat in bed at 3 am watching TV. For some odd reason I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to bed. Sapph was still sleeping next to me. Her head was on my chest and my arm was around her. I felt her moan and shift. I looked at her face, her face showed pain. I just figured that it was Garnet shifting since that normally happens in the night and it makes Sapph uncomfortable. I brushed it off until I heard Sapph moan again, this time she sounded like she was getting shots of pain. I started running my fingers through her hair. I had a feeling that tonight just might be the night. I stayed watching her until she shot up gasping. "ahh!" she said holding her belly. I put my hand on her back. "hey...what's wrong?" I said but by this point I knew tonight was the night. "I...It's time.." she said looking at me smiling. I smiled and we got out of bed. I helped her down the stairs and into our car. She was definitely in labor. I hoped into the car and as I drove to the hospital I held her hand. Once we got there, they took us to our own room, changed her into a hospital gown, and gave her a shot in her back to reduce the pain of her contractions. Now we wait. I had called everyone and in just shortly after I called they all showed up. Sapphire was in labor for about 3 whole hours. I looked out the window, I was still dark out but I could see that it had started to snow. Sapph winced and squeezed my hand as another contraction hit her. I kissed her hand then I looked up as the doctor walked in. "hey there sweety, lets see if we are ready to have a baby here.." She said as she felt around on Sapph's belly. I kissed Sapph's forehead and stroked her hand with my thumb. "alrighty, It looks like your ready." she said as some nurses came in and started to prepare Sapph. They brought in a little table that had blankets, a little clear box, and a light over it. I amused that is where the baby was going to go right after she was born. "alright sweety.." said the doctor as she stood with gloves in front of Sapph. "I need you to push on the next contraction.." she said and I shifted as I held her hand and she squeezed it. I kissed her forehead. "you got this baby...I'm right here.." I said as the pushing began. My mother was standing behind me, Her mother was was on the other side of the bed holding her other hand and her dad was behind her mother, Rose was next to me helping me with encouragement and wiping the sweat from Sapphire's forehead. Greg was recording the whole thing.  About half an hour later, Garnet was almost here. Sapphire was already exhausted. "I......I can't do this..." she said breathing heavy. "Yes you can baby...you can do this..." I said squeezing her hand. "come on sweetheart...your almost done...one more big push, you can do this." said the doctor. "come on baby...one more..." I said kissing her. "...one more!..." Sapphire took a deep breath and pushed. "aahhh!!" she screamed. she was squeezing my hand so hard that it was turning white. I didn't care though. "come on..shes coming!!" I said. Then she grunted and threw her head back. "good job sweety" the doctor said. The doc had Garnet in her hands. I smiled and kissed Sapphire. After like half a minute we didn't hear a single cry. Sapphire and I looked over and saw several doctors surround Garnet. We both became concerned. "wha?...what's wrong?...Is she okay?" Sapphire started panicking. "WHAT'S WRONG? IS MY BABY OKAY?" Sapphire started freaking out and quite frankly, so did I. Garnet wasn't breathing. Rose went to Greg and she put her face in his shoulder. "tell her to breathe!" my mom said. "she would recognize your voices! Tell her to breathe" My mom shouted. Sapphire and I looked at each other then began to shout "BREATHE GARNET!! BREATHE BABY!! BREATHE!!!" we yelled and cried as we did. We were desperate to make our daughter live and like she was listening to us, we heard her cries for the first time.  I looked at Sapphire and she had a relived smile. She looked at me and we kissed. I couldn't wait to see her. Everyone seemed so happy since they saw her when she was being cleaned. Soon a Young nurse walked over to us holding a pink little bundle. (play the video while reading this part) Smiled at us and handed Sapphire Garnet. She was so beautiful! She was dark and she had her mother's mouth. "she is so pretty..." I said tearing up. She had quieted down and was moving her little mouth. "..she has your nose." Sapphire said smiling crying tears of joy. I smiled. I was so happy...like there was no way of expressing it. Garnet's eyes started to flutter open. "She is opening her eyes!" I said. The doctor walked over and watched as she opened her little eyes. Her eyes were so unique. Her right was her mother's ocean blue and her left was brown but it looked like a dark red. She has heterochromia, which is when one eye is a different color than the other. But it's alright, we love her anyway. She looked up at us and we smiled at her. "hello baby Garnet...welcome to the world" we said. "that's your mama..." Sapphire said looking at me. I smiled. "hi" I said. Sapphire started handing her to me. "Take her...your her mama" she said as I took Garnet into my arms. She looked up at me then yawned. Sapphire was dozing off as well. Everyone congratulated us and went home. I sat down next to the bed where Sapphire now was sleeping, and with one arm I held our new and precious sleeping baby and the other I held Sapphires hand. I looked out the window and see that it's still slightly snowing and that it's sun rise I ended up falling asleep. We are now a family. I'm so excited to see what the future offers with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys! This was a LONG chapter!!! I hope y'all liked it!! Remember to vote and tell me what you thought!! Luv ya'll bye!!!