Chapter 7: Kicking and screaming

----------Okay, so I hate doing this but half of this will be in Gage's POV and half will be Levi's, in that order. Sorry, you guys must hate that too! But I figure you deserve both views, to better understand :) Pic to the right is Daniel Sharman, how I picture Gage in my head ^-^ If the pic doesn't show up i'll post another, or just google him. Holy effin hell he is gorgeous. Don't let it influence how ever you see him! That's just how I picture him. Continue on----------

~~~Gage's POV~~~

Immediately, I knew something was wrong. 

It was just like that time I heard sirens behind my house, and for some reason I had just known it was Levi in that ambulance. The same thing occurred now, when I heard tires screech on the pavement.

My blood ran cold, and I shoved past Peace and ran to the guest bedroom. I saw the window open and was there in an instant, looking out of it, onto the balcony and down the little alleyway between this house and the foreclosed one next door.  

"LEVI!" I screamed as loud as I could, knowing I wouldn't get an answer. He was already gone. I'm too late. I dropped to my knees, covering my rapidly paling face with my hands. 

"Gage? What's wrong? Where is Levi?" I heard Peace asking, his voice slightly laced with panic. 

"He's gone. And it's all my fault." My voice cracked with barely repressed hysteria and despair. I knew I had to call the police, but I couldn't find it in me to move. It felt like I had been cut in two. 

"Gage, what do you mean? Gage!" Peace shook my shoulder, his usually calm exterior crumbling as he realised the gravity of the situation. I just slid my hands into my hair and gripped it tight, hot tears falling down my face relentlessly. 

"It's my fault. All my fault." Peace threw his hands up in frustration, but luckily he seemed to put the pieces together and fished my phone out of my pocket, hastily dialing 911 and stammering over his words as he tried to explain what happened. 

A rush of anger passed through me and I slammed my fist into the wall, screaming partly in frustration and partly because it felt like someone was sawing at my insides. 

"It's ALL my fucking fault!" I shouted, getting up and pacing angrily. Peace got off the phone, his eyes wide.

"Gage, calm down! You freaking out isn't going to help anyone. I'm calling my mom and telling them to come home quickly. The police said they'd  be here soon, they already had a car stationed near the h-house." He stuttered at the end as a look of pure rage appeared on my face.

"Fat lot of damn good that did!" I yelled, my voice sounding slightly hysteric. Levi had been in danger before, but I had been there before. I was with him, able to protect him! Now he was gone, terrified, alone, in danger. Damn it! How could I have let this happen? I ignored Peace as he got hold of his parents, speaking quickly into the phone. I paced again, berating myself over and over.

Suddenly I felt a stinging on my cheek, and it took a second to realise Peace had slapped me. 

"Snap out of it! You're making yourself bleed!" I looked down in shock to see that I had my fists clenched so tightly my nails were digging into my hands hard enough to break skin. I unclenched my hands with a deep, shaky breath, about to respond when the doorbell rang. I brushed past him and went downstairs, swinging open the door. 

A fat policeman stood there, clearing his throat. "Uh, is this the Zachary residence?" I nearly saw red at his complacence, but luckily for him Peace grabbed my shoulder and pushed me behind him, greeting the officer.