Chapter 10: Child's play

----------Blehhh----------

Groaning, I hear groaning. What is that groaning? Oh wait. 

That's me. I'm groaning. Why am I groaning? My eyes fluttered open, met with almost complete darkness. That's right, it's coming back to me now. 

Wiggins beat my face in. With a wrench. 

What kind of psycho beats someone with a wrench?! See, I ask the important questions. Though I am wondering about my poor nose. If anything happened to my nose I am gonna be seven shades of pissed. I brought my hands up and prodded my nose, wincing and immediately hissing in pain. 

That bastard hurt my nose. Not that the rest of my face didn't hurt, because it did. My eyes were swollen and I had a feeling my cheeks were too, and I could feel dried blood on the side of my mouth. My teeth ached, but I was just glad they were still in my mouth where they belonged. 

Shortly after he started trying to 'fix me' I blacked, after a particularly hard blow to my face. I assume he stopped after that, but there was no way to tell. I rolled my jaw, guiding my chin along with my hands slowly as massaged it. 

Gage is going to freak out when (if?) he sees me again. My face is all jacked up now, for sure. There better not be any permanent damage or I am going to freak out right next to Gage. 

I sighed, shutting my tired eyes and putting my head in my hands. Literally my head, since I can't touch my face without feeling a crazy amount of pain. 

It was then that I started to worry. I hadn't worried this whole time because I barely had any time to actually think. What if he kills me? What if he kills me, and doesn't stop there? What if we aren't found for too long, and he decides to torture me for months, maybe years? It's happened to people before. 

Worst of all...what if I never saw Gage again? 

~~~~~Gage~~~~~

It was hard to sight see in New York when you were constantly searching people's faces, cars, buildings, and not the actual sights. Peace was looking around too, but he seemed disinterested. I snapped at him a couple times, but he just sighed. I realised he has no idea what Wiggins looks like, which is barely less knowledge than me. If that makes sense.

I only know to look for Wiggins, or a car that could one of two slightly possible choices. I don't know where i'm going. I don't know what i'm doing. "Ugh!" I groan out loud, plopping down on the sidewalk and leaning against the side of a cafe we happened to strolling by. 

Peace stuck his hands in his pockets, leaning against the wall next to me. "I guess i'm not a very good tour guide, am I?" 

"It's not you, it's just...I can't focus on anything. I feel so powerless, surrounded by the massive buildings and hundreds of people. It makes me realise how little a chance we actually have at finding Levi, or any clues on Wiggins." My voice came out strained as I spoke, my frustration seeping into my tone. 

"Excuse me, did I hear you say the word 'clues'?" Peace and I looked up in surprise, the voice coming from a girl standing in front of us. She had wavy blond hair that was tamed by a black fedora hat. Her long purple patterned skirt flowed, showing her tattered looking brown ankle boots that matched her tight fitted, dark brown crop top. Her eyes were bright blue as she winked at Peace, a huge smile on her face. 

"Uh...so what if we did? What's it to you?" Her eyes lit up and before either of us could blink she was talking a mile a minute. 

"Oh my gosh okay you did say that I knew it! Alright so my name is Danny and i'm a junior detective but actually i'm a professional but my official title is 'junior' well it's official to me I have my own rankings it's a one woman business since Harry quit but that's not important what's important is that I can help you find lever if you let me oh please will you let me i'm really good at my job please!?!" She panted, now clutching onto Peace's shirt and looking between the two of us wildly.